WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Neurosis -- Portland, OR -- September 10th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17980)

vmetal52 09-11-2011 02:08 AM

Neurosis -- Portland, OR -- September 10th, 2011

Yob:
1. Kosmos
2. The Illusion Of Motion

Neurosis:
1. Locust Star
2. Given To The Rising
3. End Of The Harvest
4. Season In The Sky
5. At The Well
6. Water Is Not Enough
7. Belief
8. At The End Of The Road
9. Killing Elk
10. Through Silver And Blood

--
Took amtrak down from Seattle to catch this show. It was worth every penny...

Akimbo opened, they weren't bad at all. They're from Seattle so that was a plus. No complaints here.

Yob played next and man were they awesome. The crowd loved them and they definitely earned a new fan. Slow heavy crushing doom riffs.

Grails were up next. I've been wanting to see them for a while after just delving into the post-rock genre last year. The soundmix wasn't that great from my perspective being near the left front of the stage. Regardless they were spectacular and I hope to see them again.

I saw Neurosis last year when Wolves In The Throne Room opened back in Seattle. That was probably my favorite show of all time, thus making this my second favorite show of all time. Neurosis always brings their own personal sound engineer with them so you always expect to get the best out of what the venue can provide. For the first time ever that I know of, Scott Kelly talked to the audience. Only instead he was pissed off and told this guy who was throwing shit to stop or get the fuck out. Overall Neurosis destroyed yet again and have the most energy of any live band I've ever seen. I'm sure they'll play Seattle sometime soon as they always do.

brutal_descent 09-11-2011 02:19 AM

How were YOB? Would've killed to be at this show. :drool:

adamclark52 09-11-2011 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=vmetal52;394504]
5. At The Well
9. K.E.
[/QUOTE]

What albums are these two songs from?

arctangent 09-11-2011 11:48 PM

[QUOTE=adamclark52;394700]What albums are these two songs from?[/QUOTE]

i believe they are the two new songs neurosis have been playing. k.e. stands for killing elk!

vmetal52 09-12-2011 12:01 AM

[QUOTE=arctangent;394766]i believe they are the two new songs neurosis have been playing. k.e. stands for killing elk![/QUOTE]
Correct
--
Also, review has been added.

False_Light 09-12-2011 05:31 AM

Yob played "Kosmos" and "The Illusion of Motion," which took up all of their forty minute set. I talked with Mike very briefly before their set and he said they were sick of playing all the new stuff from their recent tour, so it was time to delve into the rarely played classics. Needless to say, they were fantastic.

vmetal52 09-12-2011 08:22 AM

[QUOTE=False_Light;394792]Yob played "Kosmos" and "The Illusion of Motion," which took up all of their forty minute set. I talked with Mike very briefly before their set and he said they were sick of playing all the new stuff from their recent tour, so it was time to delve into the rarely played classics. Needless to say, they were fantastic.[/QUOTE]

awesome thanks, I was trying to find out what songs they played.

Autojector 09-12-2011 05:56 PM

Would have been awesome if Yob did "Before We Dreamed of Two" with Scott Kelly. Regardless, that Neurosis setlist rules.