WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wolves in the Throne Room -- Montreal, Quebec -- September 8th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17962)

VoidFlame 09-09-2011 06:18 AM

Wolves in the Throne Room -- Montreal, Quebec -- September 8th, 2011

Venue: Death Church
Opening bands: Thou and Ensorcelor

This concert was in a DIY venue, which was in fact a house built in an old chapel with a concert room in it. The merch was set up in the backyard and it was the perfect atmosphere for this kind of show. The only inconvenients were that the show was sold out and the room was packed. With only three fans, it was hot as hell in there. Also there were a few sound problems: most of the time the mics were not loud enough and in the middle of "Thuja Magus Imperium", the breaker for the amplifiers blew and they had to change the wirings and start again.

Anyway, all three bands played great sets and except for the vocals, the sound was impeccable. All of them had a kind of mesmerizing sound (Ensorcelor with their doomy melodies, Thou with their crushing riffs and WITTR with their hypnotic atmosphere), which was increased by the look of the venue. Also, Thou's singer was crazy.

Wolves in the Throne Room's performance was perfect. If this tour comes anywhere near you, you should definitely go see it!

[B][U]Thou[/U][/B] (not 100% sure about this one)

Rats and Mice and Swarms of Lice
Their Hooves Carve Craters in the Earth
Grissecon
The Song of Illuminate Darkness

[B][U]Wolves in the Throne Room[/U][/B]

Thuja Magus Imperium
Ahrimanic Trance
I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots
Prayer of Transformation

petrovar 09-09-2011 08:54 AM

Would have loved to see WITTR play. I hear the venues they play in are really original and fit the mood of the band. They just came to Columbus, OH on Sunday, but unfortunately I couldn't make it. Great set though!

How many people were there? Couldn't have been too many

smearCampaign 09-09-2011 10:03 AM

That sounds like such an excellent setting for this show. I'm really looking forward to my first time seeing WITTR. I wish Thou were playing the show here; they are a total monster when they play.

jd091 09-09-2011 11:22 AM

Gotta love 4 song sets. :lol:

Really wish I was in Chicago for these guys! Sounds awesome. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to wait... like, 3 more years for another opportunity. :(

VoidFlame 09-09-2011 12:07 PM

[QUOTE=petrovar;393845]Would have loved to see WITTR play. I hear the venues they play in are really original and fit the mood of the band. They just came to Columbus, OH on Sunday, but unfortunately I couldn't make it. Great set though!

How many people were there? Couldn't have been too many[/QUOTE]

I heard there were 250 tickets sold.

christopher 09-09-2011 12:13 PM

[QUOTE=jd091;393882]Gotta love 4 song sets. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I saw Corrupted play a 4 song set that last a little over two hours. It was epic :D

DethMaiden 09-09-2011 12:37 PM

Pretty sure this is the setlist from Louisville too. Got the albums right, missed a couple of the songs by a bit. :lol: