WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Blackguard -- Frederick, MD -- August 24th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17841)

tenchimyo 08-25-2011 01:01 PM

Blackguard -- Frederick, MD -- August 24th, 2011

[B]BLACKGUARD [/B]played at [B]KRUG'S PLACE[/B] in [B]FREDERICK[/B], MD last night. Their one guitar player apparently has some illness going on so he had to sit out this leg of the tour (replaced by one of the dudes from [B]DESTROPHY[/B]).

Openers that we also saw part of were [B]SIXTEEN CYLINDER [/B](didn't catch any of the song names, girl growler and singer. They were OK.), [B]FALLEN MARTY[/B]R (they were kind of all over the place musically, did not like them. At least one song was from their myspace.). I think they both were locals. Blackguard had a pretty big merch booth. Got a CD that I didn't have of theirs, chatted with the other guitar player for a bit, he seemed pretty cool.

Crowd was about 50 people at most at the busiest part (I think a bunch of locals were there as it was something to do because only about 15-20 people were left when [B]Blackguard [/B]came on after midnight). Still, even some people didn't seem into it. I didn't understand. Whatever the case that is probably the closest show I've been to since [B]LA GUNS[/B] / [B]BULLETBOYS[/B] up in Gaithersburg

They played a rather short set list for headling :( But they sounded great for the most part. The singer (Paul) was very intense as always. After the show he seemed in a pretty good mood (the others time he seemed a bit... like I did not want to bother him).

It was the first time I've been to [B]KRUG'S PLACE [/B]so I was not sure what to expect. It was a small place with surprisingly good sound. Pretty clear, loud enough to be enjoyable but not so loud that my ears were ringing. I didn't use earplugs when I was expecting to. As small as the place was, some pits broke out while the locals were there and a couple rather small ones broke out during [B]BLACKGUARD[/B], albeit maybe a little hesitantly.
Broke my neck during Wastelands. I imagine they will have about the same set on Saturday @ [B]JAXX[/B] when they play with [B]KAMELOT[/B]

[B]Setlist[/B]
[LIST][*]Tephra[*]Firefight[*]Sarissas[*]Wastelands[*]Fear of All Flesh[*]Allegiance[*]The Sword[/LIST]

MPF 08-25-2011 01:05 PM

7 song headlining set? I'd only accept that from Godspeed or Sleep.

Blackguard does put on a good live show, I can't deny that.

jd091 08-25-2011 01:10 PM

Blackguard headlines shows? What? :lol:

bt11763 08-25-2011 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=jd091;389160]Blackguard headlines shows? What? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah and their openers are usually blackguard and belphegor

jd091 08-25-2011 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=bt11763;389163]Yeah and their openers are usually blackguard and belphegor[/QUOTE]

And powerglove on occasion. :lol:

300%_Density 08-25-2011 01:32 PM

Why do I get the feeling if Sabbath does get together Blackguard probably ends up getting on there somehow since they are able to whore themselves on every other cool tour.

jd091 08-25-2011 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;389181]Why do I get the feeling if Sabbath does get together Blackguard probably ends up getting on there somehow since they are able to whore themselves on every other cool tour.[/QUOTE]

Sabbath = way too mainstream for the mighty BG.

Epidemic Reign 08-25-2011 01:53 PM

I hope Blackguard does a lot more headlining tours in the future, so I don't have to see them opening on the tours that I go to.

Nater 08-25-2011 02:36 PM

I saw them headline at this shitty ass bar a few months back. Pretty much the same story as you. 60 - 70 people there for the locals then everyone bailed leaving maybe 15 of us to watch Blackguard. They didn't even have a stage so we started a mosh pit in front of the guitarists standing spot.

MPF 08-25-2011 02:41 PM

^Sounds like the 2 Blackguard headlining shows they are doing in Minnesota and Wisconsin soon.

Both shows are a little over an hour from me. I would go if I didn't have so many other shows I'm seeing.