WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- London, England -- October 1st, 1999 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17794)

MetalDoug 08-19-2011 11:59 PM

Megadeth -- London, England -- October 1st, 1999

Megadeth
Risk Tour 1999
Forum, London, UK

Prince of Darkness
Holy Wars ... The Punishment Due
In my Darkest Hours
Crush 'em
Reckoning Day
Secret Place
She-Wolf
A Tout Le Monde
Almost Honest
Insomnia
Use the Man
Trust
Sweating Bullets
Symphony of Destruction
Peace sells
----------
Paranoid
Anarchy in the UK

MetalDoug 08-20-2011 12:06 AM

Not sure about the order of the 5th, 6th and 7th songs but everything else i'm sure 100%. It was a great setlist for me personally due to the fact that Cryptic Writings was the most represented album and i had missed them on that tour, this was actually the first time i ever saw them. Never saw Nick Menza :( but at least saw Marty Friedman before he left :)

treghet 08-20-2011 12:08 AM

God damn that is one shitty set.

MetalDoug 08-20-2011 12:18 AM

[QUOTE=treghet;387840]God damn that is one shitty set.[/QUOTE]

For somebody who's mostly into Death/Black Metal it must be i guess, for somebody who's in his first Megadeth show in 1999 and who's into many other bands and styles it definitely wasn't shitty.

treghet 08-20-2011 12:27 AM

[QUOTE=MetalDoug;387841]For somebody who's mostly into Death/Black Metal it must be i guess, for somebody who's in his first Megadeth show in 1999 and who's into many other bands and styles it definitely wasn't shitty.[/QUOTE]

I love thrash metal, heavy metal, and speed metal as well, so I don't see how liking black and death metal has anything to do with it. I just don't care for anything after [I]Rust in Peace[/I] aside from a few songs. I wouldn't really mind hearing a couple from [I]Youthanasia[/I] and [I]Countdown to Extinction[/I], but only playing one song each from [I]Peace Sells...[/I] and [I]Rust in Peace[/I] in a set that long is a joke. I mean, not even "Hangar 18"? :eek: Thankfully the sets these days are better, even if they are mostly the same songs each tour.

brutal_descent 08-20-2011 12:34 AM

No matter whether it'd be my first Megadeth show or my fifth, no way would I want to hear that much from [I]Cryptic Writings[/I].

MetalIsArt 08-20-2011 12:42 AM

[QUOTE=MetalDoug;387841]For somebody who's mostly into Death/Black Metal it must be i guess, for somebody who's in his first Megadeth show in 1999 and who's into many other bands and styles it definitely wasn't shitty.[/QUOTE]

It IS quite shitty, as Cryptic Writings is far from their best...

MetalDoug 08-20-2011 01:04 AM

Ok, i wouldn't call it shitty but it's not a great setlist either, didn't consider Hangar 18 wasn't played which sucks. But i totally disagree about Cryptic Writings, remember this is NOT a thrash metal album, it was the 90's and some of these bands were not into doing fast songs.

For somebody who's not only into Metal but also bands like Journey, Magnum, Night Ranger, Foreigner, Asia, Saga, Marillion, Rush, Yes, Genesis, Kansas, Styx, etc i think songs like Almost Honest, Secret Place and Use The Man are excellent!! I agree Risk was not a great album but it was good to hear those songs live as they will never get played again, most likely.

rjturtle9 08-20-2011 01:10 AM

The only great thing about this set is Secret Place. Gosh I would love to ehar that song live one day!

Maidenmagic 08-20-2011 05:20 AM

[QUOTE=treghet;387840]God damn that is one shitty set.[/QUOTE]

Agree. I would be dissapointed if I saw that.