WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dave Mustaine - "I will not play 'PEACE SELLS' in its entirety." (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17771)

Butcher of Birth 08-18-2011 02:15 PM

Dave Mustaine - "I will not play 'PEACE SELLS' in its entirety."

[B][U]Revolver:[/U][/B] Dave, last year Megadeth played a bunch of 20th anniversary [I]Rust In Peace[/I] shows, Can you see the band doing the same thing for your album, [I]Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?[/I], which turns 25 this year?

[U][B]Dave Mustaine:[/B][/U] No, no, no, no, no, no no. That[I] Rust In Peace[/I] tour was horrible. Playing the same record every night, are you fucking kidding me? It was like [I]Groundhog Day[/I]. I wouldn't mind doing a [I]Peace Sells[/I] medley and doing four or five songs in a row. But playing the entire record is very demanding. It's back-to-back hellishness, and it's exhausting for the audience. To be a good live performer, you need to know how to use dynamics with the audience - they need to breathe like an organism. If you're just beating them senseless , they're not gonna enjoy it. It's just gonna be a loud roar from the beginning to the end.

Sorry everyone who was hoping for this. I think him saying the audience wouldn't like it is half true, the older fans would most likely keel over, but the younger fans, like myself, would be all over it. He might always be skirting the issue to the fans as to not make the band seem too old to be able to handle it.

JRA 08-18-2011 02:27 PM

Maybe you could not play the album from front to back Dave. :tp: Do what Deep Purple did with Machine Head and just play all the songs in random order with the rest of the set.

Maidenmagic 08-18-2011 02:36 PM

I think the main reason is his refusal to play the conjuring (and Bad Omen, I assume.)

bt11763 08-18-2011 02:42 PM

or maybe he actually made a good decision for once by knocking it off with all of this album tour crap. it was cool for like 5 seconds, they played it for like a year straight. he probably can't even stand to play any of those songs now.

electrocute1031 08-18-2011 02:48 PM

[QUOTE=Butcher of Birth;387312]
But playing the entire record is very demanding. It's back-to-back hellishness, and it's exhausting for the audience. To be a good live performer, you need to know how to use dynamics with the audience - they need to breathe like an organism. If you're just beating them senseless , they're not gonna enjoy it. It's just gonna be a loud roar from the beginning to the end.
.[/QUOTE]

Classic Dave Mustaine response right there.

mankvill 08-18-2011 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=JRA;387313]Maybe you could not play the album from front to back Dave. :tp: Do what Deep Purple did with Machine Head and just play all the songs in random order with the rest of the set.[/QUOTE]

Def.

KillerCannabis 08-18-2011 02:59 PM

It's so hellish that you did it on the RIP 20th tour [I]and[/I] your tour with Slayer?

Ok...

IrritatedTrout 08-18-2011 03:13 PM

I'm ok with him not doing it, that's his choice. But how can he bitch about playing RIP when Megadeth have played virtually the same set for years now? This is coming from a fan who's seen them 6 times too.

mankvill 08-18-2011 03:15 PM

He never said he was gonna do a Peace Sells tour, but I swear to God he said he would play some shows after Mayhem where he did all of Peace Sells.

OraclesofAgony 08-18-2011 03:37 PM

Then at least play the Conjuring and Bad Omen for Satan's sake. I want to hear more from it than just Wake Up Dead and the title track.