WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Suicidal Tendencies -- London, England -- August 15th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17748)

ravenheart 08-15-2011 04:59 PM

Suicidal Tendencies -- London, England -- August 15th, 2011

Venue: Electric Ballroom

[b]Shrapnel[/b] (20:30-20:55)
Toxic Slaughter
Death
Eternal War
Hammer Blow
Warhead

[b]Suicidal Tendencies[/b] (21:30-22:50)
You Can't Bring Me Down
Institutionalized
Freedom
Join The Army
War Inside My Head
Subliminal
Possessed To Skate
We Are Family
Cyco Vision
I Saw Your Mommy
Come Alive
Pledge Your Allegiance

ravenheart 08-15-2011 05:02 PM

First time seeing Suicidal. Kinda fun, and holy shit I've never seen a crowd go from 0 to 100 so fast as this one did as soon as that first song kicked off. The entire front half of the crowd literally went from stationary to apeshit in 2 seconds flat.

But year, 12 songs in 80 minutes when you're not a prog band? Mike Muir needs to shut the fuck up and play more songs. Some of his ramblings went on for around three/four minutes each. And they need to play a better variety too. They have some awesome grooves in their catalogue, but they overload the set with songs which have a super-fast part and dull riffs, which gets boring after about three songs.

mankvill 08-15-2011 05:30 PM

YOU

CAN'T

BRING

ME

DOWN

jhdeity 08-15-2011 05:32 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;386183]First time seeing Suicidal. Kinda fun, and holy shit I've never seen a crowd go from 0 to 100 so fast as this one did as soon as that first song kicked off. The entire front half of the crowd literally went from stationary to apeshit in 2 seconds flat.

But year, 12 songs in 80 minutes when you're not a prog band? Mike Muir needs to shut the fuck up and play more songs. Some of his ramblings went on for around three/four minutes each. And they need to play a better variety too. They have some awesome grooves in their catalogue, but they overload the set with songs which have a super-fast part and dull riffs, which gets boring after about three songs.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. I don't mind some of that rambling but it's ridiculous how long he goes on and half of the time I had no clue what he was talking about. For as much shit as grunge bands take bands like Pearl Jam and Soundgarden never play less than 2 hours and often times play 2 hours and 20 or 30 minutes. There no reason they don't play the entire 1st album almost every show. It's 32 minutes and every song is great.

Where is Send me Your Money, Disco's out, Murder's in, Waking the Dead, Can't Stop, Asleep at the Wheel & especially Suicidal Maniac? Even a few medleys would be cool. I'd have to nominate ST for one of the worst setlist bands out there actually. They just don't get it...

larvtard 08-15-2011 05:34 PM

I SHOT REAGAN

o wait it's not here

BloodoftheKings 08-15-2011 06:55 PM

It should be mandatory for Suicidal to play [I]Send Me Your Money[/I].

HackedUpForBBQ 08-15-2011 07:01 PM

I agree that a lot of good songs are missing, but damn I still wouldn't mind seeing that set one bit

bobbie solo 08-15-2011 09:16 PM

trujillo or no?

ravenheart 08-16-2011 02:46 AM

[QUOTE=bobbie solo;386303]trujillo or no?[/QUOTE]

No, and not for a LONG, LONG time.

ravenheart 08-16-2011 02:47 AM

[QUOTE=BloodoftheKings;386236]It should be mandatory for Suicidal to play [I]Send Me Your Money[/I].[/QUOTE]

They usually do, but we seem to have had I Saw Your Mommy in its place. Unless they did play it an I didn't notice. They seem hell-bent on only playing songs which sound exactly the same.

It was a pretty boring set in terms of the songs.