WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Amon Amarth -- Montreal, Quebec -- August 13th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17734)

ThrashManiac 08-14-2011 10:30 AM

Amon Amarth -- Montreal, Quebec -- August 13th, 2011

Voidflame doesn't like Amon Amarth so i guess it's up to me on this one :P

They came on stage at 8h30 to a very close to sold out crowd at the metropolis i think. Johan was playing with the crowd in between the songs, looked like he was having the fun his of life up there too! crowd was nuts.

setlist was the same as the other nights sadly..

War Of The Gods
Töck's Taunt - Loke's Treachery Part II
Destroyer Of The Universe
Slaves Of Fear
Live Without Regrets
The Last Stand Of Frej
For Victory Or Death
Wrath Of The Norsemen
A Beast I Am
Doom Over Dead Man
------
Twilight Of The Thunder God
The Last With Pagan Blood
For The Stabwounds In Our Backs
Runes To My Memory
Asator
Guardians Of Asgaard
The Sound Of Eight Hooves
Varyags Of Miklagaard (Wall of Death, haha)
Embrace Of The Endless Ocean
Free Will Sacrifice
Death In Fire
Victorious March
------
Cry Of The Blackbirds
Valhall Awaits Me
Pursuit Of Vikings

VoidFlame 08-14-2011 10:38 AM

[QUOTE=ThrashManiac;385707]Voidflame doesn't like Amon Amarth so i guess it's up to me on this one :P[/QUOTE]

Hah! I like them, but not enough to pay 40$ to see them without any other band...

GarageMetal468 08-14-2011 10:40 AM

God dammit it needs to be the 24th so I can see them, it looks like both U.S. tours this year have been the time of everyone's lives!

ThrashManiac 08-14-2011 11:28 AM

[QUOTE=GarageMetal468;385709]God dammit it needs to be the 24th so I can see them, it looks like both U.S. tours this year have been the time of everyone's lives![/QUOTE]

well it sure was a good show! im not as big into amon amarth as i used to but these guys have so many good songs, seeing 2 full sets is just awesome. Even if most of my favorites weren't even in the sets haha.

HackedUpForBBQ 08-14-2011 03:02 PM

Pretty solid set... definitely looking forward to seeing them next weekend. Haven't seen them since '09, but damn I wish they were playing Under The Northern Star again. Hearing that song live was fucking killer

Epidemic Reign 08-15-2011 07:37 AM

Really wish I hadn't missed them the last time they came around. The double set is an awesome idea.

PowerMaiden 08-15-2011 08:41 AM

[QUOTE=VoidFlame;385708]Hah! I like them, but not enough to pay 40$ to see them without any other band...[/QUOTE]

I'm very surprise to read that, of all the shows you post setlist of here ...

....anyway

show was amazing and as good in Québec city last night

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

sarsip 08-18-2011 04:31 PM

Seriously good show!!

wroed 08-19-2011 06:34 AM

As luck would have it they're playing Las Vegas when I'm over from the UK for a friends wedding in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to both!