WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Amon Amarth -- Calgary, Alberta -- August 6th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17680)

maidenpriest 08-08-2011 05:03 PM

Amon Amarth -- Calgary, Alberta -- August 6th, 2011

Source: setlist.fm

Surtur Rising
-----------------------
Twilight of the Thunder God
The Last with Pagan Blood
For the Stabwounds in our Backs
Runes to my Memory
Asator
Guardians of Asgaard
The Sound of Eight Hooves
Varyags of Miklagaard
Embrace of the Endless Ocean
Free Will Sacrifice
Death in Fire
Victorious March
------------------------------
Cry of the Blackbirds
Valhalla Awaits Me
The Pursuit of Vikings

I must say I'm kind of jealous of this leg. Stabwounds, Pagan Blood and Sound of Eight Hooves are some of my favorite AA songs. Plus I prefer getting the full songs of Death in Fire and Victorious March over the medley.

jd091 08-08-2011 05:31 PM

Agree. Only hearing part of Victorious March left a lot to be desired. :(

PowerMaiden 08-08-2011 06:21 PM

it could be better (remove Asator, Guardian Of Asgaard and Free Will Sacrifice for 1000 Years Of Oppression, Burning Creation and Gods Of War Arise or Versus The World) ...

but overall I can't complain too much, this will kick some serious ass I'm happy they stick with this set !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden 08-08-2011 06:31 PM

just the fact that they're playing The Sound Of 8 Hooves is worth the ticket price if you ask me

Cheersa !
PowerMaiden

tenchimyo 08-08-2011 06:48 PM

oh wow so does this mean if i go see them AGAIN up in Baltimore it will be different from the JAXX set earlier this year?

...tempting

adamclark52 08-09-2011 12:20 AM

[QUOTE=PowerMaiden;384064]it could be better (remove Asator, Guardian Of Asgaard and Free Will Sacrifice for 1000 Years Of Oppression, Burning Creation and Gods Of War Arise or Versus The World) ...

but overall I can't complain too much, this will kick some serious ass I'm happy they stick with this set !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden[/QUOTE]

I can't see why they play [I]Asator[/I] at every show. There are so many better songs off With Odin at Our Side. The only reason I can see is that it's probably one of their fastest songs so it's good to get the crowd going.

zerkz 08-09-2011 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=adamclark52;384125]I can't see why they play [I]Asator[/I] at every show. There are so many better songs off With Odin at Our Side. The only reason I can see is that it's probably one of their fastest songs so it's good to get the crowd going.[/QUOTE]

Asator is a beastly pit song. I hope it never goes away for a while.

jd091 08-09-2011 08:16 AM

[QUOTE=zerkz;384192]Asator is a beastly pit song. I hope it never goes away for a while.[/QUOTE]

This.

ThrashManiac 08-09-2011 10:21 AM

They took out Thousand Years of Oppression :(

maidenpriest 08-09-2011 08:17 PM

I know 1000 years is a popular song but to me it was the most boring song in last years set. However, Without Fear made everything better :D