WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Conducting From The Grave -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 1st, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17642)

bobisdead911 08-05-2011 08:52 AM

Conducting From The Grave -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 1st, 2011

Slaughter Survivors Tour, watched most of the bands, didn't know the sets. Scale the Summit is the only one that really impressed me, had never seen them before, so I'll do them as well. Talked to the bassist after the show and asked them if they were a fan of one of my fav bands The Ocean, being that they have a song of the same name. He said they are, so that made my night. Overall a pretty good package, Rings of Saturn was the only low point, usually I like death metal but they weren't anything special and the singer kept yammering on about nothing and I got bored.

Scale the Summit

Gallows
The Levitated
Whales
The Great Plains
Alpenglow
The Origin of Species

Conducting From The Grave

And Our War Will Dawn
Unholiest of Nightmares
Marching Towards Extinction
Revanants
Her Poisoned Tongues
Improper Burial
Eternally Gutted
What Monsters We Have Become

jd091 08-05-2011 09:08 AM

Yeah man, Scale the Summit is one of my favortie bands, ever. I just want to see them put on a proper headlining show some time.

bobisdead911 08-05-2011 09:14 AM

Yeah I can't believe I've never heard them before, they're like Animals as Leaders, but maybe not on that level lol. They opened for BTBAM a while ago, just never saw em, assumed they were another metalcore band lol

jd091 08-05-2011 09:20 AM

[QUOTE=bobisdead911;383023]Yeah I can't believe I've never heard them before, they're like Animals as Leaders, but maybe not on that level lol. They opened for BTBAM a while ago, just never saw em, assumed they were another metalcore band lol[/QUOTE]

Not nearly as technical as Animals as Leaders, but I'd argue they're twice as good at songwriting. Probably my favorite instrumental band out there.

MPF 08-05-2011 10:17 AM

Well as Chris told me back in March, they are planning a headlining tour in the late fall.

treghet 08-05-2011 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=jd091;383028]Not nearly as technical as Animals as Leaders, but I'd argue they're twice as good at songwriting. Probably my favorite instrumental band out there.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Animals as Leaders is great at blowing your mind, but if you want to hear a beautifully crafted song, you have to listen to Scale the Summit.

Kapper 08-05-2011 09:30 PM

This looked like a pretty awesome tour, cool setlist from Conducting From The Grave as well - what were The Contortionist like?

Also make sure you put up the setlists for Molotov Solution/I Declare War and the Crush Em All tour when you see them dude!

AnataFan4Life 08-06-2011 06:58 AM

Animals as Leaders and Scale the Summit touring together...

WHY HASN'T THIS HAPPENED YET?!

jd091 08-06-2011 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=AnataFan4Life;383344]Animals as Leaders and Scale the Summit touring together...

WHY HASN'T THIS HAPPENED YET?![/QUOTE]

So true. They complement each other like Peanut Butter and Chocolate. :lovedup:

AnataFan4Life 08-07-2011 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=jd091;383346]So true. They complement each other like Peanut Butter and Chocolate. :lovedup:[/QUOTE]

I made a post about it on StS's facebook. They said it wasn't in their plans yet, but they said to spread the word so it would be "unavoidable". So they seem pretty open to the idea.

Guitar Duet with Tosin Abasi and Chris Letchford :drool: