WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Amon Amarth -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 4th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17635)

Northern_Shaman 08-05-2011 01:47 AM

Amon Amarth -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 4th, 2011

Absolutely incredible. Will post a review later. Setlist for now.

Set 1

War of the Gods
Töck's Taunt - Loke's Treachery Part II
Destroyer of the Universe
Slaves of Fear
Live Without Regrets
The Last Stand of Frej
For Victory or Death
Wrath of the Norsemen
A Beast I Am
Doom Over Dead Man

Set 2

Twilight of the Thunder God
The Last with Pagan Blood :rocker:
For The Stabwounds In Our Backs
Runes to my Memory
Asator
Guardians of Asgaard
The Sound of Eight Hooves
Varyags of Miklagaard
Embrace of the Endless Ocean :rocker:
Free Will Sacrifice
Death in Fire
Victorious March
---
Cry of the Blackbirds
Valhall Awaits Me
Pursuit of Vikings

As a sidenote: George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher of Cannibal Corpse was at the show! I got to meet him afterwards as well. Very, very cool experience for me!

kommie 08-05-2011 03:54 AM

was there a medley at all? or were all those songs played in full?

Northern_Shaman 08-05-2011 04:04 AM

[QUOTE=kommie;382928]was there a medley at all? or were all those songs played in full?[/QUOTE]

The setlist was exactly as written. No medley.

jd091 08-05-2011 05:01 AM

Nice! I like that second set a lot! Embrace the Endless Ocean is awesome. I totally forgot they were doing this second leg of the tour.

zerkz 08-05-2011 05:34 AM

I really hope they return the medley.... I've seen Victorious March in its entirety once already. I wanted to see Without Fear live sooo bad. Embrace is a nice touch. Wish they would throw out Free Will Sacrifice. They played alot of the ones in the 2nd setlist last time on their 2010 and 2009 tour.

kommie 08-05-2011 05:44 AM

[QUOTE=Northern_Shaman;382930]The setlist was exactly as written. No medley.[/QUOTE]

ugh, now I really wanna go, as I went to the first leg of this tour, and the second set for this one is so much better.

PowerMaiden 08-05-2011 06:22 AM

Amazing set, Finnally I got to have The Fucking Sound Of 8 Hooves !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

GarageMetal468 08-05-2011 06:38 AM

AHHHHHH that's a sick set list! I need to find someone to come with to the Milwaukee show later this month..

bigguytoo9 08-05-2011 07:06 AM

no GOD, HIS SON AND HOLY WHORE??????? They were playing it the first leg of this "Evening with.." tour I think. Either way, woulda been a sick show, the Commodore is always a great venue. Seen Amon twice already so I skipped.

girnny777 08-05-2011 08:54 AM

[QUOTE]The Last with Pagan Blood [/QUOTE]

I fucking knew. The first AA tour that doesn't come to NY/CT, and they're playing that song.

God dammit.