WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Machine Head -- Virginia Beach, VA -- August 2nd, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17602)

Magson13 08-02-2011 02:14 PM

Machine Head -- Virginia Beach, VA -- August 2nd, 2011

Imperium
Beautiful Morning
Locust
Aesthetics of Hate
Halo
DAVIDIAN!

They had an extra five minutes due to In Flames dropping off, and they added Davidian :drool:

brutal_descent 08-02-2011 02:15 PM

[I]Let freedom ring with a shotgun blaaaast![/I]

:blaze:

x-voltage 08-02-2011 02:33 PM

That's awesome. I'm going to the Chicago date on Friday for Mayhem, I was wondering what the situation is for the main stage since In Flames is gone? It sounds like from your review that Machine Head is now on Main Stage again.

Magson13 08-02-2011 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=BrutalDescent;381949][I]Let freedom ring with a shotgun blaaaast![/I]

:blaze:[/QUOTE]

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Had center rail for Red Fang and Kingdom of Sorrow. Then went for a bathroom break, and filled my bottle at the water fountain. Chilled in the shade until xcore kiddies were done, then went to the stage, and walked right up to the rail, right in front of where Demmell stood. Waited through Unearth on the other stage. Could see them at a side angle, was not impressed. Then MH tore it the fuck up. Skipped Athiarchists to sit in done shade and get more water. Currently being bored to death by Trivium, so I'm surfing the web on my phone hah.

brutal_descent 08-02-2011 02:39 PM

Had a rail spot for Unearth only :tongue:

Magson13 08-02-2011 02:39 PM

[QUOTE=x-voltage;381956]That's awesome. I'm going to the Chicago date on Friday for Mayhem, I was wondering what the situation is for the main stage since In Flames is gone? It sounds like from your review that Machine Head is now on Main Stage again.[/QUOTE]

Aug 5,6,7th, MH is main stage, and they don't have the give extra minutes those days, so you probably won't get Davidian. Cross your fingers though, never know. The rest of the dates, MH is still headlining the sidestage, Trivium is opening main.

Magson13 08-02-2011 02:41 PM

[QUOTE=BrutalDescent;381960]Had a rail spot for Unearth only :tongue:[/QUOTE]

Is that intended towards me, or are you saying you had it for them only?

If towards me, no sir, I watched them from the MH stage rail haha

Thrasher-NY 08-02-2011 02:41 PM

[QUOTE=BrutalDescent;381949][I]Let freedom ring with a shotgun blaaaast![/I]

:blaze:[/QUOTE]

Nice! Glad they used their extra 5 minutes wisely

brutal_descent 08-02-2011 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=Magson13;381963]Is that intended towards me, or are you saying you had it for them only?

If towards me, no sir, I watched them from the MH stage rail haha[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about myself. I had a rail spot ready for Red Fang as well but left it before they started to meet Machine Head, Trivium, and Testament.

Magson13 08-02-2011 02:49 PM

Ya, I'm glad they used it too. When Halo was ending, I was just hoping they wouldn't be lame and just give up their extra time. But then they went into Davidian, and everyone went crazy.

Ah, alright haha. I couldn't kept the rail for Unearth, but I had just ran out of water, and definitely did not want to hear SS on the other stage.... But not having rail for Unearth have me the opportunity to grab a good rail spot for MH, so it worked out perfectly :>