WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Queensryche -- New York City, NY -- July 29th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17575)

Travis The Dragon 07-30-2011 12:58 PM

Queensryche -- New York City, NY -- July 29th, 2011

Get Started
Damaged
I Don't Believe in Love
Hit the Black
The Hands
A Dead Man's Words
At 30,000 Ft.
Rhythm of Hope
Real World
NM 156 (w/ FULL SOLO, according to ShadowWalker!!! If true, that is the first time since 1989 unless they did it this summer in Europe! Note - he said he thinks so, needs to go back and listen to make sure.)
Screaming in Digital
The Lady Wore Black (re-arranged to eliminate the first chorus, SW says it sounds "rushed")
Walk in the Shadows (SW reports that no high note was done coming out of solo)
The Right Side of My Mind
Around the World
Silent Lucidity
*encore break*
Jet City Woman
Empire
Eyes of a Stranger (w/Anarchy-X reprise, aka "Anarchy-Xtra")

[URL="http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=2376.0"]SOURCE[/URL]

ShadowWalker is the person from the QR forum(source) who was there and texted in the set as it happened. Anyway, it's not too bad I guess. Pretty typical and predictable.

Maidenmagic 07-30-2011 02:03 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing that set.

sleepstalking 07-30-2011 03:02 PM

Breakdown By Albums:

Queensryche EP - 1
The Warning - 1
Rage For Order - 2
Operation: Mindcrime - 2
Empire - 3
Promised Land - 1
Hear In The Now Frontier - 1
Q2K - 1
Tribe - 1
Operation: Mindcrime II - 1
American Soldier - 2
Dedicated To Chaos - 2
B-Side - 1

I have to give them props for managing to actually include tracks from ALL of their albums in the 30th Anniversary tour set...but on the other hand, I'm one of those folks who really only enjoys their first five records. I wish I had seen them on the Live Evolution tour when I was in Eighth grade....at least I could have heard "Queen of the Reich" then!

The Ghost at Number One 07-30-2011 03:53 PM

[QUOTE=fonzbear2000;381052]SW reports that no high note was done coming out of solo[/QUOTE]That'll never, ever happen again. He's simply no longer capable.

At least they're playing the one good song from Q2K.

Magson13 07-30-2011 04:06 PM

That's a quite nice setlist, actually. Very surprised by it. Now I'm extra sad they canceled their show here....

PlaysWithKnives 07-30-2011 06:51 PM

Even though a few of the songs aren't very good, its cool that they included a song from every album. Its for sure better than what they normally do.

Maidenmagic 07-31-2011 05:15 AM

[QUOTE=sleepstalking;381101]Breakdown By Albums:

Queensryche EP - 1
The Warning - 1
Rage For Order - 2
Operation: Mindcrime - 2
Empire - 3
Promised Land - 1
Hear In The Now Frontier - 1
Q2K - 1
Tribe - 1
Operation: Mindcrime II - 1
American Soldier - 2
Dedicated To Chaos - 2
B-Side - 1

I have to give them props for managing to actually include tracks from ALL of their albums in the 30th Anniversary tour set...but on the other hand, I'm one of those folks who really only enjoys their first five records. I wish I had seen them on the Live Evolution tour when I was in Eighth grade....at least I could have heard "Queen of the Reich" then![/QUOTE]

It is cool that they're playing songs from all their releases. Actually Dedicated to chaos has three songs: Get Started, Rhythm of hope, and Around the world.

ravenheart 07-31-2011 06:12 AM

Why is everyone surprised by this setlist? They've been playing it for three months, with a trimmed down version for supports/festivals.

And people need to stop this "Anarchy-Xtra" thing. And calling it a "reprise" too. A reprise is a re-play of something played earlier, which it wasn't. And they play the whole thing, so it's just like any other song on the setlist.

Maidenmagic 07-31-2011 06:49 AM

My second post is wrong. Rhythm of hope is from Tribe.

Travis The Dragon 07-31-2011 12:09 PM

I noticed something that QR and Iron Maiden have in common. They've never done songs from past albums that have never been performed live. It sure would be great to see 1 of those 2 break out some exclusives and really surprise their audience.