WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Darien Lake, NY -- July 26th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17566)

PlaysWithKnives 07-29-2011 10:40 AM

Megadeth -- Darien Lake, NY -- July 26th, 2011

Went to the Edge Summer BBQ at Darien Lake. It was the main acts of the Mayhem line up, minus Machine Head, who I would have liked to see, cancelled because of illness. Anyway, a couple weeks ago they kept talking about a special guest, and the rumor was it would be Megadeth. If it weren't for that, and the fact a friend of mine likes Disturbed and horrible Godsmack, I wouldn't have bothered buying a ticket. We got there and In Flames was playing. I'm not familiar with a lot of their work, but they were quit good. Trivium played before them, but we missed them. Megadeth came on next, and of course they destroyed. They should have headlined. Godsmack and even Disturbed who I like, shouldn't be playing after Megadeth. Its utter sacrelige. The difference between the fan bases were definitly evident. So Godsmack sucked, In Flames was good,Distubed was very good and played the setlist they've been playing all summer. Megadeth's set went like this:

Trust
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
Headcrusher
A Tout Le Monde
Public Enemy #1 (good song)
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars

HackedUpForBBQ 07-29-2011 11:02 AM

Would have went to this show if I didn't see them headline at Heavy TO a few days before

Indestructible 07-29-2011 11:06 AM

This set is so predictable, how dare they please the crowd and play the well known songs for 40 minute slot at a festival.

larvtard 07-29-2011 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=Indestructible;380752]This set is so predictable, how dare they please the crowd and play the well known songs for 40 minute slot at a festival.[/QUOTE]

I don't see anyone complaining about their setlist...

dcmetal108 07-29-2011 04:46 PM

You should of made it in time to see Trivium. Their amazing I think.

The Ghost at Number One 07-29-2011 05:50 PM

[QUOTE=logAnarchy;380782]I don't see anyone complaining about their setlist...[/QUOTE]You haven't been following any Megadeth threads, have you?

Sanitarium78 07-29-2011 07:39 PM

Megadeth did a great job at this show. But fuck our local radio station 103.3 the edge and the promoters because they didn't even announce Megadeth as part of the lineup until last friday. That's the only reason I ended up going.

Since Megadeth was announced so late there were people that I talked to at the venue that didn't even know they were on the bill. Plus, there were hardly any Megadeth fans in attendence because of it and they recieved a very mild crowd reaction. They could've sold a few thousand more seats if they announced them with the rest of the lineup back in May. Fuckin idiots.

Maybe our show was different but i'm not sure why people are saying Disturbed is boring on this tour. They played really well, had a better sound and David had more energy than the last two times I saw them in 2008 and last year.

I know Indestructible was just being a wise ass but thanks for confirming why I didn't post a review of this show in the first place. I'm tired of seeing Megadeth's setlist get the hate it does and quite frankly if anyone is tired of the songs they play, those songs obviously don't mean that much to you. Because if they did you wouldn't care what they did.

Maideneer 07-29-2011 09:18 PM

Frankly, I don't care what bands decide to play anymore live, I'm past the point in my life of want want want, me me me. I'm just glad to see them while I still can, and never take it for granted that they will be back as a certainty.

I learned my lesson from the last time I saw Heaven & Hell and right now I would give a left arm to hear Dio sing one more song...any song.

The Ghost at Number One 07-30-2011 01:24 AM

[QUOTE=Maideneer;380883]Frankly, I don't care what bands decide to play anymore live, I'm past the point in my life of want want want, me me me. I'm just glad to see them while I still can, and never take it for granted that they will be back as a certainty.

I learned my lesson from the last time I saw Heaven & Hell and right now I would give a left arm to hear Dio sing one more song...any song.[/QUOTE]Yup.

El Gordo 07-30-2011 05:41 AM

That set list still sucks. :cool: