WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Devin Townsend Project -- New York, NY -- July 16th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17440)

BloodoftheKings 07-16-2011 09:40 PM

The Devin Townsend Project -- New York, NY -- July 16th, 2011

I arrived at the venue a little late and missed most of Obscura's set (sorry Ian). By the time I got in Obscura just started their last song. I guess I can't really review them but yeah, the one song I saw was good.

[B]Obscura:[/B]
1. Septuagint
2. Anticosmic Overload
3. Ocean Gateways
4. Vortex Omnivium
5. Centric Flow

Next Septic Flesh came out. They were damn good but unfortunately some bullshit happened halfway into there set and instead of them fixing it they just left.

[B]Septic Flesh:[/B]
The Vampire From Nazareth
Communion
The Great Mass of Death
Pyramid God

It sucked that SF's set got cut short but this also meant that Devy would take the stage sooner then expected. Devin Townsend was every bit as great as I would've hoped. His voice is so good live it's scary.

[B]The Devin Townsend Project: [/B]
By Your Command:rocker:
Truth
OM
Supercrush:eek:
Kingdom
Stand
Juular

After Devy's set me, makethemsuffer12, shatteredflame, and a shit ton of other people got on line for the Devin Townsend meet and greet. I took a picture with Devy (already posted it in the pictures thread) and got the pick I caught during his set signed. While I was on line Children of Bodom started playing but I din't give a shit cause they were playing a bunch of songs I don't care for. After meeting Devy I got a nice cold cup of water and found a nice spot to enjoy bodom for the rest of the night. They were good, i'm just not to into them these days. I'm assuming the set was the same as the rest of the tour.

[B]Children of Bodom:[/B]
Not My Funeral
Bodom Beach Terror
Needled 24/7
Shovel Knockout
Roundtrip to Hell and Back
In Your Face
Living Dead Beat
Children Of Bodom
Hate Me!
Blooddrunk
Angels Don't Kill
Follow the Reaper
Downfall

Encore:

Was It Worth It?
Are You Dead Yet?
Hate Crew Deathroll:rocker:

makethemsuffer12 07-16-2011 09:49 PM

Septic did a song after "Great Mass."

masterguy49 07-16-2011 09:50 PM

They cut Are You Dead Yet? for our date.... no reason, though the keyboardist looked pissed off cause Alexi kept fucking with him.

mastodon421 07-17-2011 05:25 AM

Wait... Obscura started playing Septuagint?

SilentSoldier144 07-17-2011 05:39 AM

[QUOTE=mastodon421;376627]Wait... Obscura started playing Septuagint?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's what they played, actually. Show was amazing, definitely could've done without Septic Flesh and Devin though.

ShatteredFlame 07-17-2011 06:01 AM

[QUOTE=makethemsuffer12;376581]Septic did a song after "Great Mass."[/QUOTE]

yeah it was Pyramid God

I think I enjoyed Septic Flesh's set the most, the was one of the most brutal light shows I've ever seen. They need to come back, it's a shame they are not popular enough to headline. Devin was great as usual but seeing those first couple of songs for a third time, I kind of already new what to expect. Juular was probably my favorite song of the set. I hope when he comes back he focuses the set on just DTP material.

And I enjoyed Obscura and the couple of songs I saw of Bodom. It sucked how they just finished Needled 24/7 when I just was walking back to the stage, since that's the only song I like by them. Well the keyboards were cool.

BloodoftheKings 07-17-2011 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=mastodon421;376627]Wait... Obscura started playing Septuagint?[/QUOTE]

I didn't even see their set, I got that from setlist.fm assuming they did the same set for the whole tour.

masterguy49 07-17-2011 07:33 AM

[QUOTE=BloodoftheKings;376646]I didn't even see their set, I got that from setlist.fm assuming they did the same set for the whole tour.[/QUOTE]

Your right, that's their set now. It changed up since then beginning.

daimonos 07-17-2011 07:35 AM

I guess the fire alarm went off during Septicflesh's set, and that's why it was cut.

BloodoftheKings 07-17-2011 07:47 AM

[QUOTE=daimonos;376650]I guess the fire alarm went off during Septicflesh's set, and that's why it was cut.[/QUOTE]

yeah, did that happen at your show to?