WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slayer -- Sao Paulo, Brazil -- June 9th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17138)

Sepultura69 06-12-2011 12:14 AM

Slayer -- Sao Paulo, Brazil -- June 9th, 2011

[url]http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slayer/2011/via-funchal-sao-paulo-brazil-73d32acd.html[/url]

[SIZE="4"]World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
War Ensemble
Postmortem
Temptation
Dittohead
Stain of Mind
Disciple
Bloodline
Dead Skin Mask
Hallowed Point
The Antichrist
Americon
Payback
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Ghosts of War
Seasons in the Abyss
Snuff
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Angel of Death [/SIZE]

The Good:
Nice to See Slayer pulling out a wooping 23 song setlist. 23 SONGS! :rocker:

The Bad:
Too bad some of the stuff they added are totally useless. BLOODLINE??? I MEAN?!?! REALLY??? CMON GUYS, Atleast pull out something good like "Haunting The Chapel" or "Live Undead" or something. Shit, Blood line is such a waste of space. Don't get me wrong, thats great these guys still got the energy to pull out long sets but it's not good when it's plagued with useless shit(Blood Line, Temptation, Dead Skin mask ect)

The Ugly:
Temptation, Stain of Mind, The World Painted Blood songs. Also, I think it was great that they went on that "Seasons" tour last year with megadudes and testament but enough is enough. 5 songs off season! Go easy on that album, guys!!. 2-3 songs is nice but don't start playing the whole fuckin album again(They played War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Hallowed Point, Seasons in the Abyss, Temptations at this gig) :tp:

BACCK TO THE GOOD:
Chemical Warfare, Ghost of War, Dittohead, Hallowed Point, Anti Christ, Postmortem, payback, Black Magic :rocker:

brutal_descent 06-12-2011 12:39 AM

I've gotta hear Disciple before I die. :hmm:

Dextrimental 06-12-2011 06:37 AM

Being someone who enjoys ALL of Slayers output, I would shit myself in that pit. i hope if they ever play Dublin again, we get such a setlist. I love it, and I love how most of their albums are getting represented.

masterguy49 06-12-2011 08:28 AM

[QUOTE=BrutalDescent;367132]I've gotta hear Disciple before I die. :hmm:[/QUOTE]

Yes you do! :D
Awesome song live! ;)

I also see no problem with the World Painted Blood songs... I like that album. :eyes:

brutal_descent 06-12-2011 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=masterguy49;367148]Yes you do! :D
Awesome song live! ;)

I also see no problem with the World Painted Blood songs... I like that album. :eyes:[/QUOTE]

One of my first Slayer songs. :drool:

The two tracks I like off WPB are Beauty Through Order, and the title track - one of which they don't ever play. :mad:

JLRedWing13 06-12-2011 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=Sepultura69;367131]
The Bad:
Too bad some of the stuff they added are totally useless. BLOODLINE??? I MEAN?!?! REALLY??? CMON GUYS, Atleast pull out something good like "Haunting The Chapel" or "Live Undead" or something. Shit, Blood line is such a waste of space.[/QUOTE]
Bloodline is a great song.......I'm very happy to see it.

Sanitarium78 06-12-2011 10:16 AM

[QUOTE=Sepultura69;367131][url]http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slayer/2011/via-funchal-sao-paulo-brazil-73d32acd.html[/url]

[SIZE="4"]World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
War Ensemble
Postmortem
Temptation
Dittohead
Stain of Mind
Disciple
Bloodline
Dead Skin Mask
Hallowed Point
The Antichrist
Americon
Payback
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Ghosts of War
Seasons in the Abyss
Snuff
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Angel of Death [/SIZE]

The Good:
Nice to See Slayer pulling out a wooping 23 song setlist. 23 SONGS! :rocker:

The Bad:
Too bad some of the stuff they added are totally useless. BLOODLINE??? I MEAN?!?! REALLY??? CMON GUYS, Atleast pull out something good like "Haunting The Chapel" or "Live Undead" or something. Shit, Blood line is such a waste of space. Don't get me wrong, thats great these guys still got the energy to pull out long sets but it's not good when it's plagued with useless shit(Blood Line, Temptation, Dead Skin mask ect)

The Ugly:
Temptation, Stain of Mind, The World Painted Blood songs. Also, I think it was great that they went on that "Seasons" tour last year with megadudes and testament but enough is enough. 5 songs off season! Go easy on that album, guys!!. 2-3 songs is nice but don't start playing the whole fuckin album again(They played War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Hallowed Point, Seasons in the Abyss, Temptations at this gig) :tp:

BACCK TO THE GOOD:
Chemical Warfare, Ghost of War, Dittohead, Hallowed Point, Anti Christ, Postmortem, payback, Black Magic :rocker:[/QUOTE]

For a show you didn't actually go to, you're sure as hell giving it way too much analysis. Fact remains that if you were at this show you'd be going nuts during the whole thing.

Sure, there are other songs that would be better to play than some they have choosen here. But Slayer is a band that has spanned close to 30 years now and they've gained new fans at different points in their career. So for them to play a well balanced set between newer and older is good because it pleases all the people who came to see them, no matter when any of them got into the band.

Sepultura69 06-12-2011 10:40 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;367164]For a show you didn't actually go to, you're sure as hell giving it way too much analysis. Fact remains that if you were at this show you'd be going nuts during the whole thing.

Sure, there are other songs that would be better to play than some they have choosen here. But Slayer is a band that has spanned close to 30 years now and they've gained new fans at different points in their career. So for them to play a well balanced set between newer and older is good because it pleases all the people who came to see them, no matter when any of them got into the band.[/QUOTE]

You know what?

You're absolutely right. I would totally be going balls deep ape shit crazy IF I was at this show. I would, TOTALLY.... But it still doesn't change the fact that I am still going to bicker and rant about what songs I would of liked in the set and which I thought were shitty :D

And yes, if they were to bring this set over here to the U.S for an upcoming U.S tour I would be totally satisified with it, just cause it's fuckin slayer. :rocker:

I still think blood line sucks though :eyes:

El Gordo 06-12-2011 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;367164]For a show you didn't actually go to, you're sure as hell giving it way too much analysis. Fact remains that if you were at this show you'd be going nuts during the whole thing.

Sure, there are other songs that would be better to play than some they have choosen here. But Slayer is a band that has spanned close to 30 years now and they've gained new fans at different points in their career. So for them to play a well balanced set between newer and older is good because it pleases all the people who came to see them, no matter when any of them got into the band.[/QUOTE]

Too much analysis? Isn't that what this entire site is built upon? Analyzing and critiquing set lists?

larvtard 06-12-2011 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=Sepultura69;367131]
Also, I think it was great that they went on that "Seasons" tour last year with megadudes and testament but enough is enough. 5 songs off season! Go easy on that album, guys!!. 2-3 songs is nice but don't start playing the whole fuckin album again(They played War Ensemble, [B]Dead Skin Mask[/B], Hallowed Point, [B]Seasons in the Abyss[/B], Temptations at this gig) :tp:

[/QUOTE]

:mad:

First of all man, they always play War Ensemble, and usually either Dead Skin Mask or Seasons in the Abyss. And those songs are amazing. I admit, they should take out Temptation, but last year was the first time they had ever played it. Give 'em a break.

Also, I dunno why they're focusing so much on their bad albums now. Stain of Mind, Disciple, Bloodline...