WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Whitesnake -- Richardson, TX -- May 22nd, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16971)

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 05-23-2011 10:55 AM

Whitesnake -- Richardson, TX -- May 22nd, 2011

Source: Me.

Best years
Give me all you love tonight
Love ain't no stranger
Is this love
Steal your heart away
Forevermore
Love will set you free
Guitar solos
My evil ways (Drum solo in the middle)
Fool for your lovin'
Here I go again
Still of the night

Set short because this was a Festival. No encores.

dwils65 05-23-2011 01:57 PM

Short set... That has been pretty much the headline set. You saw what everyone else is getting. What a letdown.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 05-23-2011 02:33 PM

We didn't get [I]Ain't no love in the heart of the city[/I], which is a favorite of mine.

They need to drop the guitar and drum solos. They're just tedious and no one gives a fuck. They could have played another song or two instead.

Wrathchild_84 05-23-2011 03:26 PM

I'm rather disapointed I missed this. But I didn't see any advertisements for the show.

PowerSlave71 05-24-2011 06:04 PM

I think Coverdale is worried about blowing out his voice again like on the last tour of the U.S. when Whitesnake opened for Judas Priest - he couldn't finish the tour. That is my guess for the short setlist. I think the guitar solos and the drum solo are for the same reason - give his voice a break.

Maiden33 05-24-2011 07:06 PM

[QUOTE=Blitzkrieg Witchcraft;363061]They need to drop the guitar and drum solos. [B]They're just tedious and no one gives a fuck[/B]. They could have played another song or two instead.[/QUOTE]

Frankly I found the guitar and drum solos rather interesting actually. When you have guitarists as amazing as Reb Beach and especially Doug Aldrich, a guitar solo is hardly annoying to me. Also, the drum solo was a pretty good way for Brian Tichy to prove himself more than worthy of the job, though I admit it did run a bit long.

I do agree that I would have preferred another song or two instead of the solos though, but I know Coverdale needs a few breaks in the show. This set could've been a lot better overall though if they just added some tunes like Crying in the Rain, Bad Boys, or Don't Break My Heart Again. Something else off Slip of the Tongue wouldn't hurt either.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 05-24-2011 09:07 PM

[I]Slow and Easy[/I] and [I]Slide it in[/I] would get my vote. 5 new songs* and only one off of [B]Slide it in[/B] is just lame.

*I'm assuming, since I don't have [B]Forevermore[/B] and wasn't familiar with 4 of them.

bennythedog 05-25-2011 08:04 AM

[QUOTE=Blitzkrieg Witchcraft;363364][I]Slow and Easy[/I] and [I]Slide it in[/I] would get my vote. 5 new songs* and only one off of [B]Slide it in[/B] is just lame.

*I'm assuming, since I don't have [B]Forevermore[/B] and wasn't familiar with 4 of them.[/QUOTE]

4 of them - Steal Your Heart Away, Forevermore, Love Will Set you Free, and My Evil Ways - are off Forevermore. Best Years is off of the last release, Good To Be Bad.

John

PS. You should be familiar with them, damn it! Go buy the new stuff. It's pretty damn good.

bennythedog 05-25-2011 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;363340]Something else off Slip of the Tongue wouldn't hurt either.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't put at least one song, other than Fool For Your Loving, in there in a few weeks, as the the new live CD/DVD set recorded in 1990 on the SOTT tour comes out around then.

John

Maiden33 05-25-2011 08:11 AM

I can understand dissatisfaction with the set due to the lack of "classics" or older songs (being that yes, nearly half of the set being new songs is a bit much for a band like Whitesnake) - but that's their fault for not playing that many songs, not playing too many new ones. I'd say the amount of new material is proper, it just seems so awkward because it's less balanced by older songs. Overall though I get kinda upset when people go to see a band on the tour for their newest album, don't even bother to hear it before-hand, and then complain that they played too many songs from it.