WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New DIO compilation (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16922)

ravenheart 05-17-2011 03:20 PM

New DIO compilation

Disc 1:
'Carolina County Ball' - Elf
'Love Is All' - Ronnie James Dio
'The Temple Of The King' - Rainbow
'Catch The Rainbow' - Rainbow
'Stargazer' - Rainbow
'Run With The Wolf' - Rainbow
'Kill The King - Rainbow
'Long Live Rock 'n' Roll' - Rainbow
'Lady Of The Lake' - Rainbow
'Gates Of Babylon' - Rainbow
'Die Young' - Black Sabbath
'Heaven And Hell' - Black Sabbath
'Children Of The Sea' - Black Sabbath

Disc 2:
'The Mob Rules' - Black Sabbath
'Voodoo' - Black Sabbath
'Country Girl' - Black Sabbath
'Holy Diver' - Dio
'Rainbow In The Dark' - Dio
'We Rock' - Dio
'Rock 'N' Roll Children' - Dio
'All The Fools Sailed Away' - Dio
'I' - Black Sabbath
'Push' - Dio
'One More For The Road' - Dio
'Shadow Of The Wind' - Black Sabbath
'Neon Knights' - Heaven & Hell
'Bible Black' - Heaven & Hell

[IMG]http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/Metaltim/Feb%202011/617G9Ba37FL_SL500_AA300_.jpg[/IMG]

On Sanctuary in June.

What the fuck is the point? Besides money-grabbing, obviously.

MPF 05-17-2011 03:22 PM

Besides Money grabbing, it's not a bad compilation. It's a good start for those who only just found out about Dio.

ravenheart 05-17-2011 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=MPF;361981]Besides Money grabbing, it's not a bad compilation. It's a good start for those who only just found out about Dio.[/QUOTE]

Except that there are already compilations for each of the parts of his career that are more necessary than this.

This is 100% shameless.

MPF 05-17-2011 03:38 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;361988]Except that there are already compilations for each of the parts of his career that are more necessary than this.

This is 100% shameless.[/QUOTE]

Oh absolutely they are. And this is Shameless. But it could be a lot worse. Ripper Owens could start a cover ban........nevermind.

:tongue:

ChildrenofSodom 05-17-2011 05:59 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;361988]Except that there are already compilations for each of the parts of his career that are more necessary than this.

This is 100% shameless.[/QUOTE]

Iron Maiden puts out a new compilation every other week, so I don't think this is too bad.

rjturtle9 05-17-2011 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;362032]Iron Maiden puts out a new compilation every other week, so I don't think this is too bad.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

ravenheart 05-18-2011 01:26 AM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;362032]Iron Maiden puts out a new compilation every other week, so I don't think this is too bad.[/QUOTE]

Because someone else does it worse, this is OK? Bad logic ;)

Maidenmagic 05-18-2011 04:55 AM

Yes it is shameless but that tracklisting is pretty good. (Although "love is all" should be replaced with "sitting in a dream" and "Strange highways" instead of "push." And the exclusion of "Don't talk to strangers" is shameful.

ravenheart 05-18-2011 05:07 AM

[QUOTE=Maidenmagic;362140]Yes it is shameless but that tracklisting is pretty good. (Although "love is all" should be replaced with "sitting in a dream" and "Strange highways" instead of "push." And the exclusion of "Don't talk to strangers" is shameful.[/QUOTE]

As is the exclusion of anything from Lock Up the Wolves, anything from Magica, no 'Dream Evil', no 'Man On the Silver Mountain', no 'The Last In Line'... why is 'Lady of the Lake' and 'Run With The Wolf' there?... it could go on.

I also wouldn't be surprised if several of the tracks turned out to be live versions off albums the label has rights for, and not the originals. 'Neon Knights' is clearly the live version, for instance.

You guys are being far too lenient. The LEAST they could have done was put some of the Japanese bonus tracks/b-sides on there. And 'Electra' for sure.

Sanitarium78 05-18-2011 06:06 AM

I must admitt, as big of a Dio fan as I am, i've got no clue what "Love Is All" is:confused:

Ravenheart, this is just some random compliation and nothing important at all. So don't take it so seriously and move on;)