WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Avalanche Tour -- Uncansville, CT -- May 1st, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16760)

windshldbraker88 05-02-2011 03:23 PM

Avalanche Tour -- Uncansville, CT -- May 1st, 2011

For thing, i drove 2 and a half hours to the Mohegan Sun Arena just for this show, and we drove back the same night, and even went to school this morning, everyone thought we were crazy!

ART OF DYING: 8.5/10
Art Of Dying opened the show at like 5:40 and the intro was sick, i only liked one song of theirs going into the show (And i listened to the CD beforehand) and coming out of the show and up until now, i can't stop listening to them

Strait Across My Mind
Whole World's Crazy (Amazing Song)
You Don't Know Me
Raining
Best I Can (Too Soft of a song)
Get Thru This (Sick)
Die Trying (My favorite song by them)

HALESTORM: 9/10
I saw Halestorm back in 2009 with Staind and Shinedown and they were good, nothing special, they only played four songs then. But this time Lzzy Hale played Guitar and was wearing the hottest outfit ever. The set they played could not be any better

Love Bites (So Do I)
Dirty Work
American Boys
I Get Off
Familiar Taste Of Poison (Lzzy had so much emotion during this song)
DRUM SOLO :rocker:
Slave To The Grind
It's Not You

SKILLET: 9/10
I have seen Skillet live now 7 times and every single time i see them, there show is different, they are my Favorite band. In January, they lost their Guitarist Ben and this new guy Shawn doesn't put as much Energy into the live shows as Ben did, other than that, there set was PERFECT

Sometimes
Whispers In The Dark
Hero
Comatose
Awake And Alive
Monster
Rebirthing

THEORY OF A DEADMAN: 6/10
I like TOAD, but their live shows are fucking boring. the lead singer never moves from the mic, no jumping, just singing, playing guitar, and talking. there opening was funny as fuck seeing how i am from Canada, so i just started laughing, if they had more energy then their set would have been great. plus they played two new songs off their upcoming Album

Intro/Blame Canada (South Park)
So Happy
Hating Hollywood
Got It Made
All Or Nothing
Low Life (New)
Bitch Came Back (New)
Not Meant To Be
Cocaine (Eric Clapton Cover)
Hate My Life
Bad Girlfriend

STONE SOUR: 10/10
Corey Taylor almost threw up on stage 4 times, he was sick but Corey being Corey would never miss a show. I Saw them with Avenged Sevenfold on the "Nightmare After Christmas tour" and at that point, i didn'y know any OLD song of thiers except "Through Glass", a couple months later i knew EVERY song they played except a song they played live for the first time ever off their new Album

Mission Statement:party:
Reborn
Digital (Did You Tell)
Dying (First time Ever Played Live):)
Hesitate :light:
Made Of Scars
Say You'll Haunt Me :horns:
Unfinished
Bother
Through Glass :light:
Get Inside
30/30 - 150 :rocker:

jhdeity 05-02-2011 05:49 PM

TOAD :lol:

coltongsmith 05-02-2011 06:58 PM

[QUOTE=windshldbraker88;358209]
Dying (First time Ever Played Live):)
[/QUOTE]

this song has been played since the first day of the tour. check setlist.fm

x-voltage 05-02-2011 07:53 PM

Ya, I saw this tour in Bloomington, Illinois in March. Stone Sour played Dying at that show and every other show on this tour. I agree with every thing you said about every band. Art of Dying was alright, a few good songs. Halestorm was very good, lots of energy. Skillet had a lot of sweet stage effects, but I didn't enjoy much of their songs. Theory of a Deadman sucked ass. I hated them so much. The only good part of their set was the "blame Canada" song for the intro. The only reason I went to this tour was for Stone Sour, and they kicked everyone's ass.

Magson13 05-02-2011 08:14 PM

How was attendance? This show is in VA tomorrow, and it was originally supposed to be in an arena, but a couple days ago, got moved to a club. So ticket sales here have to be horrid.

kommie 05-02-2011 08:29 PM

[QUOTE=Magson13;358270]How was attendance? This show is in VA tomorrow, and it was originally supposed to be in an arena, but a couple days ago, got moved to a club. So ticket sales here have to be horrid.[/QUOTE]

you should be glad it was moved from an arena to something smaller, I honestly would hate to see any band in an arena. wow, just looked at the Ticketmaster please note and it says this:

Openers are subject to change. No moshing or crowd surfing, violators may be asked to leave.

do people actually mosh/crowd surf to StoneSour?

TripKore 05-02-2011 09:15 PM

Yeah, The wife and I drove 4hrs to Bangor, Maine for this tour, filmed it, nice outdoor concert. Stayed at a friends, Went to Portland, Maine to film Welcome to the Family tour. (Filming again tomorrow night in Springfield, MA)

Most videos have been posted from both tours @
[url]www.youtube.com/user/TripKore[/url]
[url]www.xplicitbootlegs.com[/url]

ENJOY =)

NickLed19 05-03-2011 01:10 AM

Attendance at my show was awful, place held 6,000. I would say 1,500 showed up. Awful.

Magson13 05-03-2011 02:48 AM

I wasn't going anyways, so it's not like the venue change has any effect on me. Was just putting it out there, to show how badly Stone Sour sells.

The National has that listed for every show they do. They kick people out for crowd surfing, whenever it happens. But moshing is allowed in the back of the floor area, as long as it's "civil". But ya, I wouldn't be surprised if there was moshing at a Stone Sour show, because last week I saw Saliva, and there was moshing. Was quite surprised....

kommie 05-03-2011 04:31 AM

ticket sales must be killing Corey Taylor's ego.