WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ozzy Osbourne -- East Rutherford, NJ -- April 21st, 1986 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16626)

Platinum Maze 04-21-2011 05:56 PM

Ozzy Osbourne -- East Rutherford, NJ -- April 21st, 1986

25 years ago tonight. Brendan Byrne Arena (now the IZOD Center). Only time I got to see Cliff Burton live...

[U]Metallica[/U]

Battery
Master Of Puppets
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Ride The Lightning
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Seek And Destroy
Creeping Death
Am I Evil?
Damage, Inc.

[U]OZZY[/U]

Bark At The Moon
Suicide Solution
Never Know Why
Mr. Crowley
Shot In The Dark
I Don't Know
Killer Of Giants
Guitar Solo - Jake E. Lee
Thank God For The Bomb
Flying High Again
Secret Loser
Drum Solo - Randy Castillo (RIP)
Iron Man
Crazy Train
Paranoid

The Ghost at Number One 04-21-2011 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=Platinum Maze;354985]Secret Loser[/QUOTE]Fuck yeah.

jem777az 04-21-2011 07:33 PM

I was at this show too. I remember the sinks and toilets getting ripped out of the bathrooms and the concourse being flooded. The crowd was insane for Metallica. I also remember Ozzy having to end his set early because everyone was ripping out the seat cushions and throwing them around the arena. It was so bad you could hardly see the stage when Ozzy was playing. I'm glad I got to see Cliff Burton too.

hellawaits77ny 04-21-2011 07:42 PM

The general consensus is that this was one of the best tours ever. From the videos I've seen from it, I believe it!

That's like an hour for Metallica's set. I wish we could still get that from openers.

PowerMaiden 04-21-2011 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=jem777az;355017]I was at this show too. I remember the sinks and toilets getting ripped out of the bathrooms and the concourse being flooded. The crowd was insane for Metallica. I also remember Ozzy having to end his set early because everyone was ripping out the seat cushions and throwing them around the arena. It was so bad you could hardly see the stage when Ozzy was playing. I'm glad I got to see Cliff Burton too.[/QUOTE]

sounds like an amazing show, I saw those tour but with both of them headlining, but I never saw Cliff ...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Zla Vydra 04-21-2011 07:48 PM

I saw that tour in Fort Worth, Texas, and I only went to see Metallica, having no interest in Ozzy at all. I remember thinking to myself, "wow, these old guys are lame, looking at us like we're nuts because we know all the words to 'Battery.'" Now, I'm one of those old guys who doesn't get why kids are into As I Lay Beneath the Dying Autumn Plague.:)

NickLed19 04-21-2011 08:38 PM

Epic Metallica setlist.

iggus 04-21-2011 09:26 PM

man 25 years already....damn ... I saw this tour at Stabler arena in Bethlehem PA either a couple days after or before this show. I dated a girl who went to your show and she always said they played Whiplash and Welcome Home (Sanitarium)....we got Fade to Black and no Sanitarium or whiplash.
for Ozzy He played the Ultimate sin. not sure what he dropped from the other new songs if any to put that in. I didn't care much for that record except for the Title track and I remember being happy he played it.

Sanitarium78 04-22-2011 06:37 AM

That's not a bad Ozzy set but Metallica's is ten times better. Too bad I wasn't ten years older. I would've been old enough to have caught this tour:mad:

bassmasta257 04-22-2011 10:26 AM

[QUOTE=Platinum Maze;354985]

Never Know Why

Shot In The Dark

Killer Of Giants

Secret Loser
[/QUOTE]

i am quite the fan of the ultimate sin would love to see the title track in there tho, and would have loved even more to actually see this happen. thank god for the bomb has never tickled my fancy tho :tongue: