WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Paradise Lost -- London, England -- April 1st, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16447)

ravenheart 04-01-2011 03:14 PM

Paradise Lost -- London, England -- April 1st, 2011

Draconian Times Tour
Venue: The Forum

[b]Ghost[/b] (19:45-20:30)
Con Clavi Con Dio
Elizabeth
Death Knell
Satan Prayer
Stand By Him
Prime Mover
Genesis
Ritual

[b]Paradise Lost[/b] (21:00-22:35)
Enchantment
Hallowed Land
The Last Time
Forever Failure
Once Solemn
Shadowkings
Elusive Cure
Yearn For Change
Shades of God
Hands of Reason
I See Your Face
Jaded
---------------------
Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us
True Belief
One Second
Just Say Words
---------------------
The Rise of Denial
Sweetness
As I Die

mankvill 04-01-2011 03:18 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;350060]

[b]Ghost[/b] (19:45-20:30)
??
??
??
Satan Prayer
Stand By Him
Prime Mover
??
Ritual
[/QUOTE]

All those ?'s. :nonono:

ravenheart 04-01-2011 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;350061]All those ?'s. :nonono:[/QUOTE]

Sorted, just needed to sort the order out. Just the one left I don't know which was an instrumental.

In all honesty, Ghost are a disappointment live.

Northern_Shaman 04-01-2011 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;350062]Sorted, just needed to sort the order out. Just the one left I don't know which was an instrumental.[/QUOTE]

Was probably 'Genesis'.

[QUOTE=ravenheart;350062]In all honesty, Ghost are a disappointment live.[/QUOTE]

Explain!

ravenheart 04-01-2011 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=Careenifier;350067]Was probably 'Genesis'.
[/QUOTE]

Yep, probably. I just need to dig the album out and check.

[QUOTE=Careenifier;350067]Explain![/QUOTE]

They were boring. Their singer relied entirely on the priest getup and does nothing else but stand there and sway a bit. Even the guitar players don't move. They just stand there in monk robes. I was planning to watch them again in June but I don't think I'll bother unless I have nothing else to do. And I'm certainly no longer disappointed they've dropped off the Blood Ceremony tour later this month. Much more excited now that Wolf People have replaced them.

Northern_Shaman 04-02-2011 12:28 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;350068]
They were boring. Their singer relied entirely on the priest getup and does nothing else but stand there and sway a bit. Even the guitar players don't move. They just stand there in monk robes. I was planning to watch them again in June but I don't think I'll bother unless I have nothing else to do. And I'm certainly no longer disappointed they've dropped off the Blood Ceremony tour later this month. Much more excited now that Wolf People have replaced them.[/QUOTE]

That is really disappointing. Just watched some live clips after reading this and can definitely see where you're coming from. That kind of stage presence only barely works when you have a bunch of other stuff going on (lights, smoke, fire, etc.), and even then... :eyes:.

*sigh*

They could do so much better than that.

Derelict 04-02-2011 04:40 AM

Good PL set

ravenheart 04-02-2011 05:42 AM

[QUOTE=Derelict;350185]Good PL set[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not bad. Disappointing that the second "half" wasn't about 30 minutes longer so we could have had more surprise songs.

Incidentally the gap in the encore is what I suspected, 'The Rise of Denial'.

stylesclash516 04-03-2011 07:15 AM

I was really hoping this tour would hit the US, Draconian Times is my favorite Paradise Lost album. Plus I'm a fan of Ghost. Come to think of it, even a regular Paradise Lost US tour would kick ass.

Derelict 04-03-2011 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=stylesclash516;350349]I was really hoping this tour would hit the US, Draconian Times is my favorite Paradise Lost album. Plus I'm a fan of Ghost. Come to think of it, even a regular Paradise Lost US tour would kick ass.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, i think they've only been over here twice, and both as support (Opeth and Nightwish).