WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Agalloch -- Pomona, CA -- March 5th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16187)

Dominicus 1988 03-06-2011 01:09 AM

Agalloch -- Pomona, CA -- March 5th, 2011

I went to the Scion Rock Fest for Agalloch and they absolutely did not disappoint. I have been looking at their various setlists the past few shows and they never seemed to play one of the greatest songs ever made, Falling Snow. I went in not expecting to hear it and by diving intervention from the metal gods they played it. I cant even begin to explain how amazing this feels, just absolute bliss. With that said this short set was so sweet!

1. Into The Painted Grey :rocker:
2. [SIZE="6"][B]FALLING SNOW[/B][/SIZE] :D:D
3. The Watchers Monolith
4. Our Fortress is Burning, Pt. 2: Bloodbirds

Not sure on the last 1 or 2 songs. I was a little buzzed and was coming off the absolute euphoric feeling of watching one of my favorite songs ever performed.

petrovar 03-06-2011 05:28 AM

Glad you posted an Agalloch set. When they come to Cleveland, it is the same night as the Helmet/Crowbar/Vitus tour so I'm going to miss them. I'm glad I am at least seeing what they may play

slapguitarer 03-06-2011 10:16 AM

Lucky. Falling Snow is one of my favorites.

bt11763 03-06-2011 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=petrovar;344310]Glad you posted an Agalloch set. When they come to Cleveland, it is the same night as the Helmet/Crowbar/Vitus tour so I'm going to miss them. I'm glad I am at least seeing what they may play[/QUOTE]

yeah luckily i'll be able to get both

shane 03-12-2011 05:44 AM

Nice to see they played Falling Snow. I'm hoping they play it when i see them headline on the 20th.

illninoese 03-14-2011 06:19 PM

So most of these shows are 21+UP and I'm 20 years old so I'm kinda fucked over right now and pretty pissed. Does anyone know if The Earl in Atlanta, GA is strict about making sure your 21? I can't miss this show

larvtard 03-14-2011 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=illninoese;346162]So most of these shows are 21+UP and I'm 20 years old so I'm kinda fucked over right now and pretty pissed. Does anyone know if The Earl in Atlanta, GA is strict about making sure your 21? I can't miss this show[/QUOTE]

yeah man, they are :bouville: Trust me, I'm pissed about it as well.
Maybe get a fake? I know, everybody always immediately throws that solution out, but you're only 1 year away. If you don't look younger than your age I'd say you should try it. Yeah, fakes are expensive, but if you say you can't miss this show...
I'm only 18, and I look around 16-17, so it definitely wouldn't work for me...

Dominicus 1988 03-14-2011 08:23 PM

If there is a chance they play Falling Snow I dont think you can miss it. That song live is truly something else:D

Maideneer 03-15-2011 12:21 PM

Looks like the NYC show is sold out and I don't have a ticket yet. Hmmm, wondering if I should still go and if I really care if I miss it.

insidethefall 03-16-2011 03:33 PM

Seems to be too heavy on the last two albums - I don't dislike any of Agalloch's stuff but my favs are the mantle and pale folklore and least fav is Ashes, who knows maybe they'll tweak the setlist for the east coast dates