WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slayer -- Melbourne, Australia -- March 4th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16181)

hellawaits77ny 03-04-2011 11:25 PM

Slayer -- Melbourne, Australia -- March 4th, 2011

Slayer
Soundwave Fest
March 4, 2011
Melbourne, Australia

01. World Painted Blood
02. Hate Worldwide
03. War Ensemble
04. Postmortem
05. Hallowed Point
06. Americon
07. Payback
08. Mandatory Suicide
09. Temptation

Encore:

10. South of Heaven
11. Raining Blood
12. Black Magic
13. Angel of Death

Source : blabbermouth.net (so nothing guaranteed)

Off the top of my head, I think it's the same one they played the first day. Typical Slayer, no change in the setlist at all while on tour. I'm cool w/ them playing some great, rare-ish songs like Hallowed Point, Postmortem, and Black Magic. I just can't understand why they're playing Temptation, though. Not a fan favorite, and it doesn't sound the greatest live.

I like that they're playing Americon, as they've never played it before. If they continue to play it, they should scrap Hate Worldwide IMO, and replace it w/ something else from WPB. Eh, either way, as long as Tom's healthy, anything they play sit's well with me :party:

brutal_descent 03-04-2011 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=hellawaits77ny;344110]

[SIZE="5"]I like that they're playing[/SIZE][SIZE="6"] Americon[/SIZE], as they've never played it before. If they continue to play it, they should scrap Hate Worldwide IMO, and [SIZE="5"]replace it w/ something else from[/SIZE] [SIZE="6"]WPB[/SIZE].[/QUOTE]

:hmm:

son, i am dissapoint.

hellawaits77ny 03-04-2011 11:40 PM

Sorry Man.

Wait............you're critiquing an opinion of mine involving Slayer, and you're going to a Coheed and Cambria show?

Not even going to dignify myself with a response to that :allan:

And Interpol? You're even lamer than I thought.

brutal_descent 03-04-2011 11:42 PM

[QUOTE=hellawaits77ny;344116]Sorry Man.

Wait............you're critiquing an opinion of mine involving Slayer, and you're going to a Coheed and Cambria show?

Not even going to dignify myself with a response to that :allan:[/QUOTE]

Aren't you supposed to diss me going to an Architects show? :D

re: Coheed and Cambria show
I like 'Welcome Home' and my friend is paying for my ticket. :cool: So why the fuck not?

Nah man, it's nothing personal. You're a cool motherfucker.

Though from WPB the only song I like is Beauty through Order.

hellawaits77ny 03-04-2011 11:45 PM

[QUOTE=BrutalDescent;344117]Aren't you supposed to diss me going to an Architects show? :D

re: Coheed and Cambria show
I like 'Welcome Home' and my friend is paying for my ticket. :cool: So why the fuck not?

Nah man, it's nothing personal. You're a cool motherfucker.

Though from WPB the only song I like is Beauty through Order.[/QUOTE]

Eh. Don't know much from the Architects, so I can't form an accurate opinion.

Nothing personal here either. I'd much rather see something from an older album that most stuff from WPB, BUT what I meant was that if they continue to play other songs than the title track, I'd like to see Hate Worldwide scrapped.

brutal_descent 03-04-2011 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=hellawaits77ny;344118]Eh. Don't know much from the Architects, so I can't form an accurate opinion.

Nothing personal here either. I'd much rather see something from an older album that most stuff from WPB, BUT what I meant was that if they continue to play other songs than the title track, I'd like to see Hate Worldwide scrapped.[/QUOTE]

Well, they're metalcore - if that helps. :lol:

davidis138 03-05-2011 12:03 AM

why have they stopped playing psycopathy red?! replace americon with that. throwin it out there.

hellawaits77ny 03-05-2011 12:32 AM

[QUOTE=davidis138;344122]why have they stopped playing psycopathy red?! replace americon with that. throwin it out there.[/QUOTE]

I'd be cool w/ that. Psychopathy Red sounded great live on the Mayhem Fest '09. Here's a video of it I snagged:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WbvS9C5bzk[/url]

Sepultura69 03-05-2011 06:11 AM

Why are they omitting Chemical Warfare. I thought that was a staple to their set. :(

DisposableJustice 03-05-2011 08:25 AM

Replace Hate World Wide with Psychopathy Red, Beauty Through Order or Human Strain

Then Replace Temptation with Hell Awaits

WIN