WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New un-named supergroup (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16150)

ravenheart 03-02-2011 01:16 AM

New un-named supergroup

Vocals - Tony Martin (ex-Black Sabbath/Empire)
Guitar - Andy LaRocque (King Diamond)
Bass - Magnus Rosen (ex-HammerFall/X-World 5)
Drums - Danny Needham (Venom)

Currently writing and recording but don't have a band name yet. They're claiming it's a proper band, not just a one-off project, so hopefully that means some touring.

Spiral_Slave 03-02-2011 04:01 AM

I guess LaRocque joining a name band is band news for King Diamond. :(

ravenheart 03-02-2011 08:37 AM

[QUOTE=Spiral_Slave;343271]I guess LaRocque joining a name band is band news for King Diamond. :([/QUOTE]

Nah. LaRocque is constantly doing other things. I doubt it will make any difference. Especially as King Diamond don't do anything anyway.

cradle_of_maiden 03-02-2011 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;343265]Vocals - Tony Martin (ex-Black Sabbath/Empire)
Guitar - Andy LaRocque (King Diamond)
Bass - Magnus Rosen (ex-HammerFall/X-World 5)
Drums - Danny Needham (Venom)

Currently writing and recording but don't have a band name yet. They're claiming it's a proper band, not just a one-off project, so hopefully that means some touring.[/QUOTE]
Finally Tony Martin is back! Hopefully we will hear some of his Sabbath songs in the set. Headless Cross was a fantastic album, as was Tyr and Cross Purposes. Forbidden was, uh, not so good though lol.

Maiden33 03-02-2011 10:42 AM

Very excited about this.

HackedUpForBBQ 03-02-2011 10:53 AM

Andy LaRocque! Love his guitar playing, can't wait to hear this

ravenheart 03-02-2011 11:28 AM

[QUOTE=cradle_of_maiden;343311]Finally Tony Martin is back! Hopefully we will hear some of his Sabbath songs in the set. Headless Cross was a fantastic album, as was Tyr and Cross Purposes. Forbidden was, uh, not so good though lol.[/QUOTE]

Did he ever really go away? He's released practically an album a year.

As well as this project there's going to be a third The Cage album and a new solo album.

His two albums with Empire are amongst my favourites of his work.

cradle_of_maiden 03-02-2011 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;343353]Did he ever really go away? He's released practically an album a year.

As well as this project there's going to be a third The Cage album and a new solo album.

His two albums with Empire are amongst my favourites of his work.[/QUOTE]

True. Perhaps now we will get to see him in the US though. He was supposed to come hear with his Headless Cross band but the tour was canceled.

Butcher of Birth 03-02-2011 10:22 PM

I'm sorry, but Cradle of Maiden is such a funny name haha, what a clash of styles, but good on ya I suppose.

ravenheart 03-03-2011 12:39 AM

[QUOTE=cradle_of_maiden;343557]True. Perhaps now we will get to see him in the US though. He was supposed to come hear with his Headless Cross band but the tour was canceled.[/QUOTE]

A show or two in his own country would be a good start!