WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Motley & Poison NA Tour (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16134)

300%_Density 02-28-2011 09:49 AM

Motley & Poison NA Tour

[url]http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154647[/url]

Few dates in the article. Haters be damned it will be fun. I'm in!!!!

Recent "The Celebrity Apprentice" winner and Donald Trump favorite, rocker Bret Michaels, currently recuperating from heart surgery, will reunite with all original POISON band mates for a 25th-anniversary tour tentatively titled "Glam – A – Gedon 25". For the first time ever POISON and MÖTLEY CRÜE will co-headline a select date summer tour with special guests the NEW YORK DOLLS.

Although several controversial statements have been made in the press by certain members of MÖTLEY CRÜE vowing this tour would never happen, that is simply not the case. Fans of both bands have spoken and want the tour to happen and both MÖTLEY CRÜE and POISON have agreed. Concert promoters in these select cities state that the buzz is unbelievable for both the POISON dates as well as the MÖTLEY CRÜE / POISON tour. No doubt this will be the rock tour of the summer.

Tickets for the MÖTLEY CRÜE / POISON tour will go on sale March 18. POISON plan to kick off their 25th-anniversary "Glam -A – Gedon 25" tour in Tupelo Mississippi at the Bancorp South Arena Wednesday May 25. Michaels will then continue solo, playing Thursday, May 26 in Ft. Walton Beach where he will perform for the fans and troops as he did last Memorial Day weekend. Michaels will rejoin POISON in Little Rock at the River Fest Amphitheater on Friday, May 27. Michaels will then perform solo at the Hard Rock in Biloxi on Saturday, May 28. Bret will rejoin POISON and MÖTLEY CRÜE Sunday, May 29 at Rocklahoma. POISON will then continue on alone playing arenas from Memorial Day until rejoining MÖTLEY CRÜE in Dallas at the Starplex Amphitheater on Tuesday, June 7.

girnny777 02-28-2011 10:44 AM

Nice! I've never seen Poison before. Everytime they tour I tell myself "Eh, they'll be back next year." Now that they're coming through with Motley Crue I'm definitely going.

Steev 02-28-2011 10:52 AM

Id go

Crue is usually good live(Vince has some SERIOUS off nights though) and Poison was good when I saw them open for Kiss

NickLed19 02-28-2011 11:10 AM

Nikki Sixx is such a sellout. I am a huge Motley fan, but I will not travel to see this crap. No way in hell.

300%_Density 02-28-2011 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=NickLed19;342716]Nikki Sixx is such a sellout. I am a huge Motley fan, but I will not travel to see this crap. No way in hell.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm out of all the people involved in this and Nikki Sixx is the only sell out?

NickLed19 02-28-2011 01:36 PM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;342742]Hmmm out of all the people involved in this and Nikki Sixx is the only sell out?[/QUOTE]

Sixx has bashed Poison since Day 1. Has talked about how he would never tour with them, and how terrible they are. Sixx controls everything Motley does. Hell Vince and Tommy probly found out today, haha. This is why Sixx is the one to blame. He wants to tour with a shit band like Poison to make Motley look better, and sell tickets.

Cruefest was a disaster because Godsmack blew them off the stage.

300%_Density 02-28-2011 01:45 PM

[QUOTE=NickLed19;342793]Sixx has bashed Poison since Day 1. Has talked about how he would never tour with them, and how terrible they are. Sixx controls everything Motley does. Hell Vince and Tommy probly found out today, haha. This is why Sixx is the one to blame. He wants to tour with a shit band like Poison to make Motley look better, and sell tickets.

Cruefest was a disaster because Godsmack blew them off the stage.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Valid point. At the same time Poison has still bashed Motley as well. I don't really think that one side is really anymore innocent as the other. And the the fact that Godsmack blew them off the stage is not that surprising. I'm not a huge Godsmack fan but live they really do bring it.

Travis The Dragon 02-28-2011 01:45 PM

I saw both bands at RockFest years ago and they kicked major ass. Hopefully this comes here.

NickLed19 02-28-2011 02:47 PM

Agreed on Godsmack, but it was actually sad. Motley came out and people started leaving after a song or 2. Did not help any that they played Dr.Feelgood all the way through. Most of that album is not good. On top of it all, Smack even brought it harder because of the way Nikki acted the whole tour.

Magson13 02-28-2011 05:18 PM

Godsmack was no where close to Motley Crue's performance. People left because casual fans didn't know the rarity tracks from Feelgood. People who aren't all over rock radio's nuts stayed and had a great time, because Motley was incredible.