WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slayer -- Brisbane, Australia -- February 26th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16105)

DisposableJustice 02-26-2011 08:09 AM

Slayer -- Brisbane, Australia -- February 26th, 2011

Source: setlist.fm

Gary Holts first show replacing Jeff

1. World Painted Blood
2. Hate Worldwide
3. War Ensemble
4. Postmortem
5. Hallowed Point
6. Americon:rocker:
7. Temptation
8. Black Magic:rocker:
9. South of Heaven
10. Raining Blood

1- Yay for Americon being played; I like that on off WPB
2- WTF only 10 songs for Slayer that is a load of horseshit:mad:
3- For 10 songs it aint a bad set; they need to get rid of Hate but otherwise not bad at all

larvtard 02-26-2011 08:18 AM

For a 10-song set, that's not bad at all. Well, it's ok. "Postmortem" and "Black Magic" are :rocker::rocker::rocker:
I'm slightly curious about their other song choices, though. Why continue doing "Temptation" after the Seasons-in-full tour is over? I think there was a reason that last year was the first time it had ever been played live. "Americon?" Really? Of all the songs they could do off the new album, they do "Americon?" Do they not read album reviews?
Oh... just realized one more thing. Where the hell is "Angel of Death" in the set? :eek::mad::bouville:

DisposableJustice 02-26-2011 08:22 AM

[QUOTE=loganarchy;342085]For a 10-song set, that's not bad at all. Well, it's ok. "Postmortem" and "Black Magic" are :rocker::rocker::rocker:
I'm slightly curious about their other song choices, though. Why continue doing "Temptation" after the Seasons-in-full tour is over? I think there was a reason that last year was the first time it had ever been played live. "Americon?" Really? Of all the songs they could do off the new album, they do "Americon?" Do they not read album reviews?
Oh... just realized one more thing. Where the hell is "Angel of Death" in the set? :eek::mad::bouville:[/QUOTE]

The lack of Chemical Warfare and/or Hell Awaits is my biggest problem here:bouville:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 02-26-2011 08:41 AM

Surprising they are playing [I]Temptation[/I] outside of the Seasons-in-its-entirety set.

One of my favorite Slayer tunes. :rocker:

Edit: Just checked. No videos of the show on youtube yet.

slayerizer 02-26-2011 08:45 AM

Temptation was played live before in the early 90s

slayerizer 02-26-2011 08:47 AM

Slayer headlined this right? WTF is the deal with only 10 songs, that can't be right, no way

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 02-26-2011 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=slayerizer;342088]Temptation was played live before in the early 90s[/QUOTE]

I know. I've seen them 17 times staring in 1987.

I meant it's surprising they kept that song in the rotation since it isn't considered one of their "classics".

jhdeity 02-26-2011 09:39 AM

90% chance this setlist isn't right or complete. I'd only give it a 10% chance and that's because of Gary Holt replacing Jeff and what songs and solos he learned or knew.

mankvill 02-26-2011 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=slayerizer;342089]Slayer headlined this right? WTF is the deal with only 10 songs, that can't be right, no way[/QUOTE]

Naw, i think this was for the Soundwave Festival. Slayer is on the 2nd stage (Maiden is headlining the main stage) and they might not even headline the 2nd stage. The schedule I saw had Rob Zombie playing after Slayer, but they might be rotating.

TheClairvoyant 02-26-2011 10:55 AM

Jeff isn't with Slayer right now due to some flesh eating disease caused by a spider right?