WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Iron Maiden -- Sydney, Australia -- February 24th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16103)

The Ghost at Number One 02-26-2011 01:15 AM

Iron Maiden -- Sydney, Australia -- February 24th, 2011

Source: Blabbermouth

01. Satellite 15...The Final Frontier
02. El Dorado
03. 2 Minutes to Midnight
04. The Talisman
05. Coming Home
06. Dance of Death
07. The Trooper
08. The Wicker Man
09. Blood Brothers
10. When the Wild Wind Blows
11. The Evil That Men Do
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

Encore:

14. The Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

Looks like The Talisman's being shoved around a bit in the set. I'm curious to see whether or not it'll be the first casualty from the new album.

TheClairvoyant 02-26-2011 03:03 AM

If they get rid of The Talisman, I will be very pissed!:flame:

Blackened12 02-26-2011 04:23 AM

[QUOTE=TheClairvoyant;342062]If they get rid of The Talisman, I will be very pissed!:flame:[/QUOTE]

This. They better not, it's the best song that came out of TFF

IrritatedTrout 02-26-2011 07:02 AM

I don't think they'll drop it, by now it's settled in that position for the last 3 shows.

Butcher of Birth 02-26-2011 08:50 AM

Yeah they have done quite a few shows with it with no song rotations in or out, so I feel it will stay.

TheClairvoyant 02-26-2011 09:22 AM

Thank god, the only thing's I'd change with this setlist is Coming Home to Mother of Mercy, and Blood Brothers to something from AMOLAD (Brighter or colours) or something from SIW (Stranger, wasted, heaven). But other then that, the setlist is still pretty solid in my opinion.

Butcher of Birth 02-26-2011 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=TheClairvoyant;342094]Thank god, the only thing's I'd change with this setlist is Coming Home to Mother of Mercy, and Blood Brothers to something from AMOLAD (Brighter or colours) or something from SIW (Stranger, wasted, heaven). But other then that, the setlist is still pretter solid in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how Mother of Mercy is up on anyones list, I just don't get it. For me it's the weakest song on the album and should never be played :lol:

I agree about taking out Blood Brothers though, it would be night to have something newer. I would go for Colours, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, or Longest Day.

The Ghost at Number One 02-27-2011 12:21 AM

[QUOTE=Butcher of Birth;342260]I don't see how Mother of Mercy is up on anyones list, I just don't get it. For me it's the weakest song on the album and should never be played

I agree about taking out Blood Brothers though, it would be night to have something newer. I would go for Colours, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, or Longest Day.[/QUOTE]I like Mother of Mercy, but I think Bruce would really struggle with it live (the chorus, specifically), and I'd much rather hear Starblind anyway.

I would LOVE it if The Longest Day somehow worked its way back into the set!

TheClairvoyant 02-27-2011 05:39 AM

[QUOTE=Butcher of Birth;342260]I don't see how Mother of Mercy is up on anyones list, I just don't get it. For me it's the weakest song on the album and should never be played :lol:

I agree about taking out Blood Brothers though, it would be night to have something newer. I would go for Colours, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, or Longest Day.[/QUOTE]

Well dude, I feel the exact same way for 'Coming Home', it is a decentish song, but to me, it it easily one of the weakest of the new album, I just find it a little boring, while on the other hand, 'Mother of Mercy', I love since Bruce's voice is amazing and the aggressive chorus is just magical. But that's just my opinion xD

And true dat, I'd LOVE to hear 'The longest Day'. :rocker:

gabo03 02-27-2011 08:41 AM

Nice