Golden God Awards 2011
The 2011 Revolver Golden Gods will take place on Wednesday, April 20 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California. The Golden God Award will be given to legendary rocker Alice Cooper, while the Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award will go to MÖTLEY CRÜE. FOZZY frontman and WWE wrestling champion Chris Jericho will return this year to host the show, the highlights and performances from which will air at a later date on VH1 Classic. In addition to receiving the Golden God Award, Alice Cooper will play with the original ALICE COOPER band at the ceremony. Also slated to perform are DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED, DEVILDRIVER, ASKING ALEXANDRIA, VOLBEAT and FOZZY.
The official press conference to announce the details of this year's award show will be held today (Thursday, February 24) at 1:00 p.m. PT at Club Nokia (VIP Lounge, 4th Floor) in Los Angeles. Among those expected to attend are Chris Jericho (FOZZY singer and WWE wrestling champion), Alice Cooper, Mick Mars of MÖTLEY CRÜE, Sebastian Bach, Wendy Dio (wife of Ronnie James Dio) and pro skateboarder Mike Vallely.
Revolver, the world's leading hard-rock and metal magazine, is bringing the Revolver Golden Gods award show — the only hard-rock and heavy-metal award show in America — back for its third installment in 2011
2011 Revolver Golden Gods nominees:
Epiphone Best Guitarist(s)
* John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE)
* Dan Donegan (DISTURBED)
* Gus G. (OZZY OSBOURNE, FIREWIND)
* Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance (AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
* Janick Gers, Dave Murray, and Adrian Smith (IRON MAIDEN)
* Alexi Laiho (CHILDREN OF BODOM)
Drum Workshop Best Drummer
* Tommy Clufetos (OZZY OSBOURNE)
* Abe Cunningham (DEFTONES)
* Joey Jordison (ROB ZOMBIE)
* Roy Mayorga (STONE SOUR)
* Nicko McBrain (IRON MAIDEN)
* Mike Portnoy (Ex-DREAM THEATER, AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
* Glenn Danzig (DANZIG)
* Bruce Dickinson (IRON MAIDEN)
* Chino Moreno (DEFTONES)
* Ozzy Osbourne (OZZY OSBOURNE)
* M. Shadows (AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
* Corey Taylor (STONE SOUR)
Affliction Album of the Year
* AVENGED SEVENFOLD, "Nightmare"
* BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, "Order of the Black"
* DEFTONES, "Diamond Eyes"
* OZZY OSBOURNE, "Scream"
* STONE SOUR, "Audio Secrecy"
* VOLBEAT, "Beyond Hell/Above Heaven"
Samson Zoom Best Live Band
* AVENGED SEVENFOLD
* IRON MAIDEN
Most Metal Athlete
* Chris Cole (pro skateboarding)
* Dan Hardy (MMA fighting)
* Toni Lydman (NHL)
* The Miz (WWE wrestling)
* Jeremy Shockey (NFL football)
* Mike Vallely (pro skateboarding)
Best New Band
* ASKING ALEXANDRIA
* BLACK VEIL BRIDES
* THE DAMNED THINGS
* THE PRETTY RECKLESS
* TIMES OF GRACE
* WE ARE THE FALLEN
Eagle Rock Comeback of the Year
* FAITH NO MORE
* A PERFECT CIRCLE
* SYSTEM OF A DOWN
Accept for comeback of the year, the rest is stupid.
Best Guitarist: Janick Gers, Dave Murray, and Adrian Smith (IRON MAIDEN)
Best Drummer: Nicko McBrain (IRON MAIDEN)
Best Vocalist: Glenn Danzig (DANZIG) or Bruce Dickinson (IRON MAIDEN)
Album Of The Year: Theres really no good choices here but I gues i'll go with VOLBEAT, "Beyond Hell/Above Heaven"
Best Live Band: GWAAAAAAAAAARRR!
Most Metal Athlete: Go what a stupid category, I dont even know who any of those people are.
Best New Band: They all suck but I guess i'll go with The Damned Things
Best Comeback: lol @ this category my pick is Accept since they're the only one who makes sense.
* FAITH NO MORE - Didn't they already say they're not doing any more shows?
* MURDERDOLLS - When did they break up?
* SOUNDGARDEN - They haven't even done a full tour yet.
* SYSTEM OF A DOWN - They haven't played one show yet how can you tell if it's a good comeback.
These awards are always so fucking lame, but then again what do I expect from Revolver? The only mainstream metal magazine worth a shit is Decibel and even that is questionable at times.
All of these nominations suck. Has Metal Hammer been going down hill for awhile now or is this something that's just now starting?
EDIT: Just realized this is Revolver. Nevermind, I'm not suprised.
This is even more embarrassing than previous years. I just can't help wondering, do the writers of Revolver actually realize that barely any of the shit they have on this awards show is metal at all?
Embarrassed I used to read this magazine. :eyes:
I wasn't even aware The Miz liked metal.
Will not attend!
didn't this crappy magazine name that idiot from In This Moment Hottest Chick in 'Metal'? they're about as metal as Phil Collins
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:44 PM.|
Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008