WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Immortal -- Chicago, IL -- February 22nd, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16077)

JRA 02-23-2011 02:02 AM

Immortal -- Chicago, IL -- February 22nd, 2011

All Shall Fall
Sons of Northern Darkness
Rise of Darkness
Damned In Black
Hordes To War
Solarfall
Norden On Fire
In My Kingdom Cold
Tyrants
Grin & Frostbitten Kingdoms
Withstand The Fall of Time
One By One
==========
Blashrykh (Mighty Ravendark)
The Sun No Longer Rises

I will probably say this wasn't that bad, once I've gotten some rest. But FUCK THIS SHOW. God was out to piss me off tonight, and spent every which way possible doing it. I was well aware that Abbath would be downtuning most of the stuff before hand, and to be honest, some of the songs actually sounded better that way (Battles In The North comes to mind, but that was not played here).

There were separate but equal things tonight that ruined my night:

1) Immortal took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck too long to get on stage.

2) Some asshole kept whistling really loud and it was getting on everyones nerves. I actually punched this guy out and it started a brief fight. Luckily for me, I wasn't thrown out, but judging on how ho-hum Immortal was, I kinda wish I was. I would have just asked where the nearest strip club was and have my ride pick me up there afterwards.

3) Abbath's guitar kept going out of tune, making certain parts of the song fucking undiscernable. It started with Damned In Black and from there it only got worse. There's also the fact that the sound was muddy, and dammit, they really just need a second guitar player.

The highlight of my night was finally meeting es156, which was cut short by my group having to get their stupid fucking burgers for carryout.

I am in a foul fucking mood.

Oh and +1 for Absu being just as good if not better than Immortal live. I wasn't even a fan before this and they just might have been the "opening act" I've ever seen.

The album version of Beyond The North Waves > this show.

Fuck you and good night.

Wizzbang11 02-23-2011 05:19 AM

Something tells me Brad's account will differ.

Derelict 02-23-2011 06:36 AM

[QUOTE=Wizzbang11;341080]Something tells me Brad's account will differ.[/QUOTE]

He's still jacking it to Blashrykh, though

Sepultura69 02-23-2011 07:13 AM

[QUOTE=JRA;341059]All Shall Fall
Sons of Northern Darkness
Rise of Darkness
Damned In Black
Hordes To War
Solarfall
Norden On Fire
Tyrants
Grin & Frostbitten Kingdoms
Withstand The Fall of Time
One By One
==========
Blashrykh (Mighty Ravendark)
The Sun No Longer Rises

I will probably say this wasn't that bad, once I've gotten some rest. But FUCK THIS SHOW. God was out to piss me off tonight, and spent every which way possible doing it. I was well aware that Abbath would be downtuning most of the stuff before hand, and to be honest, some of the songs actually sounded better that way (Battles In The North comes to mind, but that was not played here).

There were separate but equal things tonight that ruined my night:

1) Immortal took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaay the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck too long to get on stage.

2) Some asshole kept whistling really loud and it was getting on everyones nerves. I actually punched this guy out and it started a brief fight. Luckily for me, I wasn't thrown out, but judging on how ho-hum Immortal was, I kinda wish I was. I would have just asked where the nearest strip club was and have my ride pick me up there afterwards.

3) Abbath's guitar kept going out of tune, making certain parts of the song fucking undiscernable. It started with Damned In Black and from there it only got worse. There's also the fact that the sound was muddy, and dammit, they really just need a second guitar player.

The highlight of my night was finally meeting es156, which was cut short by my group having to get their stupid fucking burgers for carryout.

I am in a foul fucking mood.

Oh and +1 for Absu being just as good if not better than Immortal live. I wasn't even a fan before this and they just might have been the "opening act" I've ever seen.

The album version of Beyond The North Waves > this show.

Fuck you and good night.[/QUOTE]

Something gives me the feeling that you're angry....:hmm:

IrritatedTrout 02-23-2011 07:20 AM

Sounds like you still could have had a good time if you would've tried.

Elvenking 02-23-2011 07:46 AM

That show was pretty lackluster. Absu is one of my favorite bands and I just walked out and went to the bar to have a few more beers. I have seen them before and if this was the first time I had ever seen them I probably woulda fought proscripter for proscripting wrong. or how ever you spell his name. Immortal I did walk out for a little bit, maybe I got a lil too drunk, very hot room and very could out side while smoking probably did not help. Eh fuck it, Destruction and Heathen are comming soon, there are two bands that could take a shit on stage and I'll still be entertained.

ChildrenofSodom 02-23-2011 07:49 AM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;341090]Sounds like you still could have had a good time if you would've tried.[/QUOTE]

They really shouldn't have played their show during that specific time of the month. :eyes:

JRA 02-23-2011 08:33 AM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;341096]They really shouldn't have played their show during that specific time of the month. :eyes:[/QUOTE]

Oh eat a dick, you. :D

But yea, now that I've somewhat gotten some sleep, I can say the show was ok. Some songs were fantastic. One By One comes to mind, as does Sons of Northern Darkness. Grim & Frostbitten Kingdoms actually sounds really good live.

I should clarify #2 on my list of complaints. The guy kept whistling while the band wasn't even on the stage. Immortal did a lot of stalling for time, using just about every trick in the book: Cutting the music, "testing" the dry ice. and during this time that guy kept whistling. If it was while the band was on stage I wouldn't have bothered but...

GarageMetal468 02-23-2011 08:44 AM

Holy shit you were the guy that did some justice and punched the asshole whistling?! You're my fucking hero hahaha! And we all asked him nicely (and then told him shut the fuck up since he didn't get that message...), so he had it coming.

I will agree with you, this show was out to get me as well. All the Immortal shirts were large and up, and I wear medium borderline with small size, go fucking figure. And because I'm 19, those drones at the bottom lounge wouldn't let me go out to smoke during the show. One of the security guys was like "You can try inside and get kicked out herpaderp" Fucking smart ass. To add injury to insult, they fucking drew X's on my hands like I was some straight edge guy. Fuck the bottom lounge. Immortal and Absu were damn good though.

EDIT: 5 hand washes and a shower later, the X's on my hands are still there...

JRA 02-23-2011 08:50 AM

:lol:

It's funny I was kinda worried that the guy whistling actually posts here. :eyes: