WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slash -- Chicago, IL -- February 13th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16071)

PowerSlave71 02-22-2011 05:52 PM

Slash -- Chicago, IL -- February 13th, 2011

Venue: House of Blues

First off, the place was absolutely packed! Great to see such a great crowd. There were two opening bands. The tickets only showed one - The Fabulous Miss Wendy, but then we got another band named Brand New Sin. By the time Slash took the stage it was about 10:15. Good setlist with lots of songs and one cool surprise (see below). Slash played for two hours which was awesome - but left us pretty tired going into work the next day ... but it was worth it! Very good show. I went to see Slash play guitar of course, and he was incredible, but I was also really impressed with Myles Kennedy's voice! He can really hit the high notes. Sounded good on all the songs.

1. Ghost
2. Mean Bone (Slash's Snakepit)
3. Nighttrain (Guns n' Roses)
4. Been There Lately (Slash's Snakepit)
5. Rocket Queen (Guns n' Roses)
6. Civil War (Guns n' Roses)
7. Nothing to Say
8. Back From Cali
9. Starlight
10. Always on the Run (Lenny Kravitz)
11. We're All Gonna Die
12. Ain't That a Shame (Cheap Trick-style w/Rick Nielsen)
13. Jizz Da Pit (Slash's Snakepit)
14. Just Like Anything (Slash's Snakepit)
15. Mr. Brownstone (Guns n' Roses)
16. Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns n' Roses)
17. Rise Today (Alter Bridge)
18. Slither (Velvet Revolver)
Encore
19. My Michelle (Guns n' Roses)
20. Paradise City (Guns n' Roses)

Obviously the big surprise was Rick Nielson coming out to play Ain't That a Shame which was really cool. With Cheap Trick being a band that started out in Rockford, Illinois, that was really cool that he came out to play with Slash. Slash tells the audience that Rick Nielson was a really big influence for him with guitar, and that he even played air guitar to Cheap Trick songs before learning to play. There is some cool video of it that can be found on YouTube. The one video, taken by SuperNigel86, was recorded by one of the friends I was with - so you can see we were unable to get too close but we were on the side of the stage where Slash was in front of us. As always with the House of Blues, there is never really a bad place to be standing when seeing a band - unless you are behind some really tall people which of course happens more often than you want it to.

The Ghost at Number One 02-22-2011 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=PowerSlave71;340971]5. Rocket Queen (Guns n' Roses)
10. Always on the Run (Lenny Kravitz)
19. My Michelle (Guns n' Roses)
[/QUOTE]
Awesome.

NickLed19 02-23-2011 12:37 AM

Civil War....lucky bastard.

brutal_descent 02-23-2011 01:58 AM

Slash's gig back in July was pretty sweet too, I loved it. Much better than seeing G N' R before that :D He's not aging that badly either. :cool:

[QUOTE]Ghost
Mean Bone
(Slash's Snakepit cover)
Nightrain
(Guns N' Roses cover)
Rocket Queen
(Guns N' Roses cover)
Sucker Train Blues
(Velvet Revolver cover)
Back From Cali
Starlight
By The Sword
Civil War
(Guns N' Roses cover)
Sweet Child O' Mine
(Guns N' Roses cover)
Rise Today
(Alter Bridge cover)
Slither
(Velvet Revolver cover)
Encore:
Paradise City
(Guns N' Roses cover)[/QUOTE]

Our setlist. :allan:

PowerSlave71 02-23-2011 01:47 PM

I never got to see GNR, and since a reunion is not looking like it will ever happen, this was my way to see Slash playing GNR songs. I think it would be awesome if Slash would tour with Adler's Appetite, and then the two could play together on GNR songs in an encore. Just an idea.