WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ozzy Osbourne -- San Jose, CA -- February 3rd, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15871)

Onioner 02-03-2011 11:40 PM

Ozzy Osbourne -- San Jose, CA -- February 3rd, 2011

Even though we didn't get any of the bonus songs, this was still a surprisingly great show. It was a few notches below Clutch and a little under Motorhead, but those are pretty lofty standards to live up to. Shot In The Dark was simply beautiful, as was Road to Nowhere and Mr. Crowley. I'm pretty bummed we didn't get No More Tears.
Or Flying High Again.
Or Into the Void.

[SIZE="7"]GODDAMN WHY DIDN'T WE GET INTO THE VOID!?[/SIZE]

Well whatever, at an hour 45 minutes with no lameass encore break, this was certainly a very respectable show by Ozzy. It was certainly better than the 12 song sets I've seen from 2007. So props to the guy for giving us more than 90 minutes without an encore break, something that not even Clutch delivered this week (although Clutch royally smoked Ozzy in their 90 minutes). I suppose I would have enjoyed the show far far more if I hadn't seen the setlists from the other dates.

Oh yeah, Slash was pretty okay. Myles Kennedy is definitely a hell of a singer and can do a pretty solid Axl impersonation, but they just didn't really excite me.

1. Bark at the Moon
2. Let Me Hear You Scream
3. Mr. Crowley
4. I Don't Know
5. Fairies Wear Boots
6. Suicide Solution
7. Road to Nowhere
8. War Pigs
9. Shot in the Dark:D
10. Rat Salad
11. Iron Man
12. I Don't Want to Change the World
13. Crazy Train
14. Mama I'm Coming Home
15. Paranoid

IrritatedTrout 02-04-2011 06:26 AM

In Baltimore we also got Fire in the Sky and it was a great show but I was disappointed about not getting one of the 20 song sets too. I don't think he's doing as many of them now as he was in 2010 though.

BlackmoreOfBowling 02-04-2011 07:41 AM

Ozzy needs Zakk bakk, moar guitar solo GWOOOOOOOO

IrritatedTrout 02-04-2011 08:19 AM

The last thing Ozzy needs is Zakk. His live shows have improved drastically since Zakks departure and Scream is miles above anything he has done for quite some time.

Nick_to_the_face 02-04-2011 08:55 AM

No Zakk...I mean I love Zakk..but the first time you've a 20 minute solo is enough..like i said i like him but with his solos its overkill.
I really want to see Ozzy now that he is gone, just to see how it is

idrinkwine732 02-04-2011 03:11 PM

I didn't go to this because I knew we wouldn't get Into the Void, and we'd get pretty much the same set as Ozzfest.

slapguitarer 02-04-2011 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=Onioner;335954] I'm pretty bummed we didn't get No More Tears.
Or Flying High Again.
Or Into the Void.

[SIZE="7"]GODDAMN WHY DIDN'T WE GET INTO THE VOID!?[/SIZE]

Well whatever, at an hour 45 minutes with no lameass encore break, this was certainly a very respectable show by Ozzy.

Oh yeah, Slash was pretty okay. Myles Kennedy is definitely a hell of a singer and can do a pretty solid Axl impersonation, but they just didn't really excite me.

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. :fist:

The Ghost at Number One 02-04-2011 06:00 PM

Not only was this, hands down, the worst time I've seen Ozzy, but it was one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

God Bringer Of Death 02-05-2011 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=The Ghost at Number One;336156]Not only was this, hands down, the worst time I've seen Ozzy, but it was one of the worst shows I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

At least provide a basis for your "review." What's the point of posting otherwise?

The Ghost at Number One 02-05-2011 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=God Bringer Of Death;336339]At least provide a basis for your "review." What's the point of posting otherwise?[/QUOTE]I had no intention of writing a review, I was simply making a comment.

If you must know, though, in a nutshell, with the exception of Shot in the Dark, I found the set list grossly disappointing (I had not been keeping tabs on what he'd been playing, as I prefer to be surprised...or disappointed, as the case may be), the sound was sub-par at best, Ozzy's voice is shot and he can barely move, his band lacks any luster or semblance of a cohesive unit, and it just seemed to me like they were going through the motions.

On the upside, I will say I did like that he didn't play an encore. It's a fairly silly concept to begin with, and I like it when bands/artists just stay out on stage and play. In the time it takes for someone to perform the ridiculous ritual of leaving the stage and coming back out, they've typically wasted enough time to have played an extra song.