WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Album Reviews (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   2011..... (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15849)

hb420 02-01-2011 02:53 PM

One month in, what new releases have you herd so far and like? So far I'm really liking the new crowbar and burzum.

IrritatedTrout 02-01-2011 03:04 PM

Haven't heard anything yet but I'm looking forward to the new Motorhead next week.

ShatteredFlame 02-01-2011 03:12 PM

Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light 1 (If you like Earth then of course you will like this release, another western-doom sounding album...now with a cello)

Glassjaw - Our Color Green EP (Damn good release, every song on here kills. Especially "You Think You're John Fucking Lennon")

Noisear - Subvert the Dominant Paradigm (Incredible grind release. I wasn't a fan of their old stuff but this release really blew me away. Even the 20 minute noise track at the end is awesome!)

Shpongle - The God Particle EP (Not as insane sounding as their other stuff, it's more focused. I would argue that it doesn't really sound like them at all here. But even so, these 2 tracks are really nice sounding and I had them on a loop for about an hour, something kept drawing me back)

Wadge - Grindcore Lu'au (It's grindcore with traditional Hawaiian style lu'au influences. Check it out for the novelty!)

Other stuff I listened to:
Burzum - Fallen (The clean vocals made it catchy but I am just not the black metal type)
Thomas Giles - Pulse (BTBAM member solo project. It's alright. The main problem I have with this is that when it's good, it sounds like Combichrist, which just made me wanna listen to Combichrist. Another thing is he uses a bunch of different styles, acoustic stuff to electronic but in the end it always sounded like something I've heard before)
Macabre - Grim Scary Tales (Terrible. I deleted this after like the 3rd song)

christopher 02-01-2011 03:21 PM

Yeah that new Macabre is terrible. The Big Bad Wolf song is funny, but overall its their worst record

idrinkwine732 02-01-2011 03:32 PM

Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will: Mogwai cannot disappoint
Falkenbach - Tiurida: Great
Mitochondrion - Parasignosis: Good but not great.

jhdeity 02-01-2011 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=ShatteredFlame;335170]Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light 1 (If you like Earth then of course you will like this release, another western-doom sounding album...now with a cello)

Glassjaw - Our Color Green EP (Damn good release, every song on here kills. Especially "You Think You're John Fucking Lennon")

Noisear - Subvert the Dominant Paradigm (Incredible grind release. I wasn't a fan of their old stuff but this release really blew me away. Even the 20 minute noise track at the end is awesome!)

Shpongle - The God Particle EP (Not as insane sounding as their other stuff, it's more focused. I would argue that it doesn't really sound like them at all here. But even so, these 2 tracks are really nice sounding and I had them on a loop for about an hour, something kept drawing me back)

Wadge - Grindcore Lu'au (It's grindcore with traditional Hawaiian style lu'au influences. Check it out for the novelty!)

Other stuff I listened to:
Burzum - Fallen (The clean vocals made it catchy but I am just not the black metal type)
Thomas Giles - Pulse (BTBAM member solo project. It's alright. The main problem I have with this is that when it's good, it sounds like Combichrist, which just made me wanna listen to Combichrist. Another thing is he uses a bunch of different styles, acoustic stuff to electronic but in the end it always sounded like something I've heard before)
Macabre - Grim Scary Tales (Terrible. I deleted this after like the 3rd song)[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya on Glassjaw. I've had the Lennnon song for a while now but it gets better with every listen.

I'd have to add Times of Grace. I only like half of it to this point but the songs I like, I REALLY like.

Sucks I'm missing them tonight but my car in ice storms sucks balls.

mastodon421 02-01-2011 04:45 PM

I've only heard two records so far, Times Of Grace and Thomas Giles. Both are great. I need to check out new Lazarus A.D and I am eagerly awaiting a bunch of stuff fpr the rest of this month and March.

DethMaiden 02-01-2011 05:36 PM

I've heard a bunch already but my favorites have been the new efforts from Woods of Desolation, Thomas Giles, Evergrey and Falkenbach.

EDIT: Oh, and The Decemberists album is good, though I doubt if it'll remain in contention come year-end list time.

idrinkwine732 02-01-2011 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;335205]Woods of Desolation[/QUOTE]

How was that?

DethMaiden 02-01-2011 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=idrinkwine732;335206]How was that?[/QUOTE]

My 11 months early AOTY. :lol: Seriously, if you like WITTR, Winterfylleth, Wodensthrone and Burzum, get the fuck on it.