WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Death Angel -- Tampa, FL -- January 28th, 2011 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15818)

Spiral_Slave 01-29-2011 07:10 AM

Death Angel -- Tampa, FL -- January 28th, 2011

Death Angel delivered the goods as always. One of the most underrated thrash bands ever. The setlist was pretty heavy on RR material which is fine with me 'cause I think it's a great album.

(Probably a bit out of order, but all the songs are there)

- I Chose The Sky
- Evil Priest
- Mistress Of Pain
- Buried Alive
- Claws In So Deep
- Purgatory (Maiden cover) / I'm Bored / Heaven And Hell (Sabbath cover)
- Veil Of Deception
- Opponents At Sides
- Dethroned
- River Of Rapture
- Relentless Revolution
- Seemingly Endless Time
- This Hate
- Truce
----------------------------------------------
- Lord Of Hate
- Thrasher
- Thrown To The Wolves

larvtard 01-29-2011 07:36 AM

sucks they didn't play Kill as One.

bigguytoo9 01-29-2011 07:46 AM

I bought Act III from these guys a long time ago but never could get into it, maybe its time for another listen

jhdeity 01-29-2011 08:03 AM

[QUOTE=bigguytoo9;334276]I bought Act III from these guys a long time ago but never could get into it, maybe its time for another listen[/QUOTE]

I think Frolic through the park is their best cd even though Act III received more accolades. How do they not play Voracious Souls?

Metal375 01-29-2011 08:47 AM

So I take it they weren't too ragged coming off the 70,000 Tons boat? Props to DA for taking it right to the road - most of the rest of the bands are probably still detoxing :D.

Got my ticket to see 'em in a few weeks! ;) I just hope the setlist will be as long when BbB and Laz start opening...

larvtard 01-29-2011 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=jhdeity;334277]How do they not play Voracious Souls?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously. Freakin' love that song. Though when I saw them this summer, no one sang along to it :confused: :(

Zla Vydra 01-29-2011 10:04 AM

That's great that they played [I]Thrashers[/I]. Did Cavestany handle the vocals? I can't believe they're not playing Atlanta. Oh, wait, yes I can...since 40 people showed up last time.

larvtard 01-29-2011 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=Zla Vydra;334297]That's great that they played [I]Thrashers[/I]. Did Cavestany handle the vocals? I can't believe they're not playing Atlanta. Oh, wait, yes I can...since 40 people showed up last time.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

You were at that show, right? Do you happen to remember what they played in the encore? I had to leave after Thrown to the Wolves.

orlandodavis 01-29-2011 12:15 PM

[QUOTE=Zla Vydra;334297]That's great that they played [I]Thrashers[/I]. Did Cavestany handle the vocals? I can't believe they're not playing Atlanta. Oh, wait, yes I can...since 40 people showed up last time.[/QUOTE]

30 in New Orleans. Great show though. An hour and a half of Death Angel and 45 minutes of Augury.:rocker:

Platinum Maze 01-29-2011 12:16 PM

Act III rules.

Maybe they are sick of Voracious Souls? They've played it every time I've seen them and probably have been playing it every night for 23+ years.

Purgatory?!?! :party::drool: