WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   The Starving Musician (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Chicago area musicians needed for SAVATAGE Tribute (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15815)

Jasonic 01-28-2011 10:17 AM

Chicago area musicians needed for SAVATAGE Tribute

Existing Savatage tribute band in need of a rhythm guitarist, keyboardist, and vocalist for Zach Stevens material only.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks.

DethMaiden 01-28-2011 01:23 PM

I'd love to send you a vocal recording of some songs just for the hell of it.

Jasonic 01-28-2011 01:38 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;334194]I'd love to send you a vocal recording of some songs just for the hell of it.[/QUOTE]

That's cool, but this isn't a recording project.
We need a living breathing person!!! :)

Jasonic 10-06-2011 10:02 AM

Hello SAVATAGE fanatics!
A while back I wrote that we were on the hunt for some musicians.
Well, we got some, and lost some, etc...

Currently, GHOST IN THE RUINS are seeking the following:
- Keyboardist
- Rhythm Guitarist

We have just performed at the first annual RAGNAROKKR METAL APOCALYPSE and are looking to carry forward at full speed!

Adding keys and another guitarist will enable us to expand our setlist and go deeper into the Savatage catalog.

We practice about once every three weeks in the West suburbs of Chicago. We are all in our 30s and are doing this for ONE reason only, the love of true metal and SAVATAGE.

If you think you might be a fit, please let us know.

Thanks.

brutal_descent 10-06-2011 10:04 AM

>true metal
>savatage

Maiden33 10-06-2011 10:22 AM

Oh god, if only this was for PA/NJ area people. This position has "me" written all over it.

Jasonic 10-06-2011 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;402324]Oh god, if only this was for PA/NJ area people. This position has "me" written all over it.[/QUOTE]

Were you the one who in another thread said you were in a band that did STRANGE WINGS? We performed that last weekend, with both of our vocalists. Our "Zak" guy handled the Ray Gillen lines. It was epic!

Hey, we are open to anyone. We previously had two out of town members.

If you are willing to come in from out of town once every three to four weeks, and for shows, you could be considered.

We know SAVATAGE are a niche band, and it takes a special type of fan to even want to be in a band like this. Most of our potential applicants have indeed been from out of town.

Seriously, hit me up if its something in the cards for you.
Granted, that would be a very long drive or flight, and would have to be on your own dime, so I completely understand if its not feasible.

Bottom line is we want people who are passionate for Savatage.

Maiden33 10-09-2011 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=Jasonic;402392]Were you the one who in another thread said you were in a band that did STRANGE WINGS? We performed that last weekend, with both of our vocalists. Our "Zak" guy handled the Ray Gillen lines. It was epic!

Hey, we are open to anyone. We previously had two out of town members.

If you are willing to come in from out of town once every three to four weeks, and for shows, you could be considered.

We know SAVATAGE are a niche band, and it takes a special type of fan to even want to be in a band like this. Most of our potential applicants have indeed been from out of town.

Seriously, hit me up if its something in the cards for you.
Granted, that would be a very long drive or flight, and would have to be on your own dime, so I completely understand if its not feasible.

Bottom line is we want people who are passionate for Savatage.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could say "Sure, I'd love to come in all the way from PA to do it" - but the truth is there's absolutely no way I could afford it. I'm not at the stage where I need to be making money off of music, especially for a tribute band on the side, but the amount of money that would require me to spend (that I don't really have) would sadly far outweigh the benefits for me. If I was within a 2-3 hour drive of you guys I'd probably be willing to go for it, but not having to fly all the way from Eastern, PA.

In case you're curious though, this is a video of me playing Edge of Thorns with Chris Caffery and his band in 2009. This was just a soundcheck, hence the lack of crowd. You can barely see me due to the lighting, but I'm over on the left-hand side. Hopefully the link works.

[url]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1715754010754[/url]

Jasonic 10-12-2011 05:48 AM

Very cool! Was Chris looking for local musicians to back him up that night or something, or did you do the full tour?

Not to disrespect Chris, as he is an amazing guitarist, but he should NOT be singing Savatage material!!!!

Maiden33 10-12-2011 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=Jasonic;404176]Very cool! Was Chris looking for local musicians to back him up that night or something, or did you do the full tour?

Not to disrespect Chris, as he is an amazing guitarist, but he should NOT be singing Savatage material!!!![/QUOTE]

It was just two local shows (Clifton, NJ and Queens, NY), not a tour. The two other guys in his band were Brian Gregory on bass (who was in Doctor Butcher) and Mark Scott (the drummer from Trixter, a good friend of Chris's) on drums. I have a lot of mutual friends with Chris and word got out that I was a good person to ask to play keyboards if he wanted to do some Savatage songs, so he asked me. We did Edge of Thorns, Summer's Rain, Believe, and I played on his solo song "Music Man" as well. It was a really cool experience. But yeah, I agree that his voice isn't exactly well-suited for the material.