WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rush -- Phoenix, AZ -- July 16th, 2004 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15723)

maidenpriest 01-18-2011 02:17 PM

Rush -- Phoenix, AZ -- July 16th, 2004

My first concert ever and definitely one of the best shows ive ever seen. Probably the best set ive seen them do (saw Snakes and Arrows 2nd leg, and Time Machine tour last year). Definite highlights were Xanadu, 2112 and La Villa.

R30 Overture (Finding My Way/Anthem/Bastille Day/A Passage to Bangkok/Cygnus X:1/Hemispheres)
The Spirit of Radio
Force Ten
Animate
Subdivisions
Earthshine
Red Barchetta
Roll the Bones
Bravado
YYZ
The Trees
The Seeker
One Little Victory
---(Intermission)---
Tom Sawyer
Dreamline
Secret Touch
Between the Wheels
Mystic Rhythms
Red Sector A
Drum Solo
Resist (Acoustic)
Heart Full of Soul (Acoustic)
2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx/Grand Finale
La Villa Strangiato
By-Tor and the Snow Dog (First half)
Xanadu (abbreviated)
Working Man
---------------------------------
Summertime Blues
Crossroads
Limelight

Sanitarium78 01-18-2011 03:46 PM

I saw them on this tour and as expected from Rush, it was excellent. The set was great and even though they played a shorter version of Xanadu, it was great just to be able to hear that song in any form and it's one of my top concert moments ever.

maidenpriest 01-18-2011 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;330793] The set was great and even though they played a shorter version of Xanadu, it was great just to be able to hear that song in any form and it's one of my top concert moments ever.[/QUOTE]

Same here, the opening guitar sent tons of chills down my spine when it got played. Might be one of the last tours they play it, hoping not though.

Maidenmagic 01-20-2011 01:40 PM

Planning to see these guys on June 10th. Love Mystic Rhythms, and Xanadu is my favorite Rush song. (And has to be one of the greatest songs of all time.) With that being said I still think the time machine tour setlist looks better. Hopefully they don't change it too much this year.

Sanitarium78 01-20-2011 06:32 PM

[QUOTE=Maidenmagic;331448]Planning to see these guys on June 10th. Love Mystic Rhythms, and Xanadu is my favorite Rush song. (And has to be one of the greatest songs of all time.) With that being said I still think the time machine tour setlist looks better. Hopefully they don't change it too much this year.[/QUOTE]

I don't thik they'll change the set much if at all this time around. If they do it maybe just be somehting like switching Stick It Out and Wrokin' Them Angles with something else. Kinda like what they did on the second leg of the S&A tour where they just swaped like two or three songs around.

Alex mentioned something before last summers tour about doing Jacob's Ladder but it didn't happen. Maybe this leg they will do it:confused:

JLRedWing13 01-21-2011 07:43 AM

Gah, what a setlist. :drool:

gabo03 01-21-2011 08:08 AM

:drool: 3 hr+ set??

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 01-21-2011 08:14 AM

Damn. Would love to have seen that setlist.

Mystic Rhythms? Fuck yes!

El Gordo 01-21-2011 11:26 AM

I saw Rush on the same tour in Toronto, it was my first time seeing them. It was also probably the best time, but every Rush show is ridiculously awesome anyway. I remember trying to wake up my buddy before the drum solo, he was passed out shitfaced in his seat. He wouldn't wake up so we took his Expos cap and newfie'd it instead.