WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mayhem Festival -- Clarkston, MI -- August 16th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15693)

TiradesOfTruth 01-12-2011 02:35 PM

Mayhem Festival -- Clarkston, MI -- August 16th, 2010

Okay another old review but hey you can never have enough so here it is. Now when i first looked at the line-up I thought what a shitty line-up. Korn seriously. But their was Lamb Of God, Shadows Fall, Hatebreed, 3 inches of Blood. So we made our way to a sold out Dte Energy Music Theater their was about 16,000 fans ready for some metal. When we got their the line was so fucking long. We missed Tension Head a local opener. We also missed norma jean who I don't care about. We got in during Winds Of Plague didn't listen that hard I was busy buying my Mayhem Shirt. Got up close though for the Wall Of Death which was fun. Then I left for Shadows Fall who put on an amazing show nice pit as well.

1.King of Nothing
2.War
3.Thoughts Without Words
4.Still I Rise
5.The Power of I and I
6.Bark at the Moon
(Ozzy Osbourne cover)
7.The Light That Blinds

Then i went to the Rockstar tent and got some free rockstar then watched 3 inches of Blood back at the Jager Stage they sounded good from where I was.
Now it was time for Chimaira and DTE went crazy alot of pits it was fun.

1.Black Heart
2.Pleasure In Pain
3.Power Trip
4.Secrets Of The Dead
5.Resurrection
6.The Dehumanizing Process
7.Pure Hatred :rocker:

I didn't even listen to Atreyu I was with the guys getting pissed when they played Bon Jovi at a metal show. Anyways Hatebreed was next and they tore it up nice pits. Jamey went off on how no one has a bigger heart then us.

1.Everyone Bleeds Now
2.In Ashes They Shall Reap
3.Live for This
4.Destroy Everything
5.Proven
6.Tear It Down
7.To the Threshold
8.Smash Your Enemies
9.Doomsayer
10.As Diehard as They Come
11.Perseverance
12.I Will Be Heard

Skipped In This Moment found my seats where my friend and Brother were both Korn Fans. Five Finger Death Punch was on and very entertaing saw a few fights and pits. But is was nothing like the next act Lamb Of God lets just say it was Mayhem out their. Their was 6 pits and a Wall Of Death at one point. Very awesome show wish they played more.

Intro. The Passing
1.In Your Words
2.Set to Fail
3.Walk With Me In Hell
4.Now You've Got Something To Die For
5.Laid to Rest :blaze:
6.Redneck
7.Black Label

Now for Rob Zombie not a huge fan of his music but he put on the best show of the night. He blew my mind. Oh and Korn sucked just as I predicted. All in all a very fun day you can expect me their next year.

NickLed19 01-12-2011 03:34 PM

Picked Carnvival of Madness over Mayhem last year and still wish I would have picked Mayhem.

jd091 01-12-2011 07:29 PM

1. Lamb of God is amazing

2. Same with Chimaira

3. Found this on a website:

When to use Their, There, They’re, and There’re

The words their, there, they’re, and there’re can be confusing since they all sound the same. Words that sound the same but have different spellings and meanings are called homophones. Be careful when typing your documents in a word processing program such as MS Word or WordPerfect since these types of programs have spell checkers that merely determine whether or not the word is spelled correctly, not whether it is the correct word. As always, in order to be sure that the correct word is used, it is necessary to reread the document completely or have someone else read it to check for spelling and word errors.
Let’s go over the uses of the words in question.

Their: this word is a possessive pronoun that denotes that something belongs to more than one person or group.

Example: The Chinese are very proud of their heritage.

They’re: This is a combination of the words “they” and “are.” Typically this word is used to specify what a group is doing.

Example: They’re going to Disneyworld for the summer.

There: This word denotes a place. Tip: you may need to identify the place in the same sentence that the word “there” is used. The place will at least need to be identified in a previous sentence so that the reader will know which place the word “there” is referring to.

Example: After agreeing about the quality of the food at Red Lobster, the couple finally decided they would go there.

There’re: this is a contraction of “there are.” Quite frankly, you should probably avoid using it for formal or professional papers. Your readers will probably view it as an odd contraction and you may lose credibility as a result. It can be used in less formal assignments or artistic prose such as short stories, dialogue, or poetry.

Example: The woodsman gave the ominous yet comical warning “There’re bars in dem woods.”

x-voltage 01-12-2011 08:00 PM

When I went to the Chicago Mayhem Fest in 2010 the best acts were definitely Chimaira, Shadows Fall, and Rob Zombie. Pretty much every review I've read of Mayhem said Rob Zombie put the best show on, even if the reviewer wasn't a fan of his music. I've seen him three times now and each time it was unbelievable.

The Ghost at Number One 01-12-2011 10:30 PM

[QUOTE=jd091;329495]When to use Their, There, They’re, and There’re

The words their, there, they’re, and there’re can be confusing since they all sound the same. Words that sound the same but have different spellings and meanings are called homophones. Be careful when typing your documents in a word processing program such as MS Word or WordPerfect since these types of programs have spell checkers that merely determine whether or not the word is spelled correctly, not whether it is the correct word. As always, in order to be sure that the correct word is used, it is necessary to reread the document completely or have someone else read it to check for spelling and word errors.
Let’s go over the uses of the words in question.

Their: this word is a possessive pronoun that denotes that something belongs to more than one person or group.

Example: The Chinese are very proud of their heritage.

They’re: This is a combination of the words “they” and “are.” Typically this word is used to specify what a group is doing.

Example: They’re going to Disneyworld for the summer.

There: This word denotes a place. Tip: you may need to identify the place in the same sentence that the word “there” is used. The place will at least need to be identified in a previous sentence so that the reader will know which place the word “there” is referring to.

Example: After agreeing about the quality of the food at Red Lobster, the couple finally decided they would go there.

There’re: this is a contraction of “there are.” Quite frankly, you should probably avoid using it for formal or professional papers. Your readers will probably view it as an odd contraction and you may lose credibility as a result. It can be used in less formal assignments or artistic prose such as short stories, dialogue, or poetry.

Example: The woodsman gave the ominous yet comical warning “There’re bars in dem woods.”[/QUOTE]Purely awesome.

NickLed19 01-13-2011 12:36 AM

Got to see Zombie with Alice Cooper a few months ago and he was amazing.

JLRedWing13 01-15-2011 11:48 AM

Lamb of God was pretty bleh that day. I guess that was the trend through that whole tour.