WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Cardiff, Wales -- September 10th, 1986 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15682)

Sanitarium78 01-11-2011 03:32 PM

Metallica -- Cardiff, Wales -- September 10th, 1986

source: metallica.com

Battery
Master of Puppets
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Ride the Lightning
Bass Solo
Whiplash
The Thing That Should Not Be
Fade to Black
Seek & Destroy
Creeping Death
The Four Horsemen
No Remorse
Guitar Solo
Am I Evil?
Damage Inc.

Sanitarium78 01-11-2011 03:36 PM

Can the mods fix the title? I copyed and pasted the date and I didn't notice that September was abbreviated.

elturtleboy 01-11-2011 03:38 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;329125]Can the mods fix the title? I copyed and pasted the date and I didn't notice that September was abbreviated.[/QUOTE]

the setlist is so perfect i dont think they will mind

NickLed19 01-11-2011 04:33 PM

Perfect setlist.

JRA 01-11-2011 04:51 PM

Seeing as how you've completely immersed yourself in Master of Puppets iconography, I must ask if you've read the infamous Ultraboris review where not only he gives it a 0, but calls it "the album that killed heavy metal?" :D

Kapper 01-11-2011 05:00 PM

that setlist makes me weep tears of joy

Sanitarium78 01-11-2011 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=JRA;329146]Seeing as how you've completely immersed yourself in Master of Puppets iconography, I must ask if you've read the infamous Ultraboris review where not only he gives it a 0, but calls it "the album that killed heavy metal?" :D[/QUOTE]

No I haven't and quite frankly it really doesn't matter to me what that person thinks of it. I know what I think of it and that's all that matters. It was the first thrash metal album I ever heard when my older brothers friend brought over the cassette of MOP and played it at my house in like 1987. It's the album that sparked my interest in heavy metal and it remains one of my all time favorite albums. If somebody else doesn't like it than too damn bad.

El Gordo 01-11-2011 05:31 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;329158]No I haven't and quite frankly it really doesn't matter to me what that person thinks of it. I know what I think of it and that's all that matters. It was the first thrash metal album I ever heard when my older brothers friend brought over the cassette of MOP and played it at my house in like 1987. It's the album that sparked my interest in heavy metal and it remains one of my all time favorite albums. If somebody else doesn't like it than too damn bad.[/QUOTE]

You should give that review a read anyway. I don't agree with it, but he does make some good points. If nothing else, it's good for a laugh.

Maidenmagic 01-11-2011 08:04 PM

First of all, like everyone has said, that setlist is great. I just read the Ultraboris review and I don't agree with most of it (Worse than Load and Reload?!) but I do agree that Metallica has too many "chugga chugga" riffs. Sadly, I think that's what makes them so popular, especially in America. Most Americans just don't get that clean melodic guitar sound of Maiden and power metal.

daimonos 01-12-2011 06:09 AM

[QUOTE=JRA;329146]Seeing as how you've completely immersed yourself in Master of Puppets iconography, I must ask if you've read the infamous Ultraboris review where not only he gives it a 0, but calls it "the album that killed heavy metal?" :D[/QUOTE]

Who seriously gives a damn what that guy thinks? Hop off his balls for christs sake, he's not the overlord of metal opinions, he's some elitist nerd who has the idea that his opinions are the correct ones that others should follow, when they really aren't worth two shits.