WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Blind Guardian -- Springfield, VA -- December 22nd, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15569)

Astennu 12-22-2010 10:00 PM

Blind Guardian -- Springfield, VA -- December 22nd, 2010

This was the last night of the BG North American tour, and goddamn was it worth the trip. Seven Kingdoms was a serviceable opening band. I was not familiar with them at all. Nothing to write home about, but nothing terrible. Crowd gave them a decent response. Their lead singer was TINY.

Holy Grail was good as always. This was the third time I've seen them and they just keep getting better every time.

Blind Guardian came on and destroyed the place. They are such professionals. The setlist was as follows:

Sacred Worlds
Welcome To Dying
Born In A Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)
Traveler in Time
Punishment Divine (!)
Lord of the Rings
A Voice in the Dark
And Then There Was Silence
----
Wheel of Time
The Bards Song - In the Forest
Valhalla
Mirror Mirror
Barbara Ann

I thought it was a nice set. Punishment Divine came out of nowhere, so that was a nice surprise. The crowd was great, one of the best and most enthusiastic I've ever seen at Jaxx. Everyone was totally into it, singing all the words, even had a couple of pits break out. The guys in the band seemed genuinely impressed with how the crowd performed. I hope I don't have to wait another four years to see them again.

The_jman 12-23-2010 05:46 AM

[QUOTE=Astennu;325082]This was the last night of the BG North American tour, and goddamn was it worth the trip. Seven Kingdoms was a serviceable opening band. I was not familiar with them at all. Nothing to write home about, but nothing terrible. Crowd gave them a decent response. Their lead singer was TINY.

Holy Grail was good as always. This was the third time I've seen them and they just keep getting better every time.

Blind Guardian came on and destroyed the place. They are such professionals. The setlist was as follows:

Sacred Worlds
Welcome To Dying
Born In A Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)
Traveler in Time
Punishment Divine (!)
Lord of the Rings
A Voice in the Dark
And Then There Was Silence
----
Wheel of Time
The Bards Song - In the Forest
Valhalla
Mirror Mirror
Barbara Ann

I thought it was a nice set. Punishment Divine came out of nowhere, so that was a nice surprise. The crowd was great, one of the best and most enthusiastic I've ever seen at Jaxx. Everyone was totally into it, singing all the words, even had a couple of pits break out. The guys in the band seemed genuinely impressed with how the crowd performed. I hope I don't have to wait another four years to see them again.[/QUOTE]
Barbara Ann? That really came out of left field... was it a like last minute thing? since its not been on any other list.

street_burial 12-23-2010 06:42 AM

kinda wish i woulda shelled out the $50 for this. i like jaxx its a nice venue.

BlashyrkhMR101 12-23-2010 07:28 AM

[QUOTE=The_jman;325120]Barbara Ann? That really came out of left field... was it a like last minute thing? since its not been on any other list.[/QUOTE]

They typically do it on the last date of their tours.

Necrodom 12-23-2010 09:20 AM

This was my first time seeing BG and god damn was it an amazing time! I'll definetly have to agree that there were few other shows that I have been to at Jaxx were the crowd kept the intensity up the whole time. I was also happy with the merch - I got the "Eternalized" shirt...and they actually had a large left for once!

IrritatedTrout 12-23-2010 10:22 AM

Missed them at Jaxx in 06 and had to miss them this year too. Maybe in 2014.:hecho:

The_jman 12-23-2010 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=BlashyrkhMR101;325136]They typically do it on the last date of their tours.[/QUOTE]
ah ok... I've not been a fan long enough to realize that, so thanks for telling me. really thought that was strange till you said that.

Northern_Shaman 12-24-2010 01:22 AM

[QUOTE=The_jman;325216]ah ok... I've not been a fan long enough to realize that, so thanks for telling me. really thought that was strange till you said that.[/QUOTE]

They also did play it on at least one other show this tour. I remember it being posted here and some people having the same 'WTF' style reaction as you.

Santana_Annihilate 12-24-2010 05:30 AM

That was a fun show. I left 2 songs early though. Felt like I was about to pass out because I was worn out earlier in the day and how Jaxx gets so hot