WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Paul Di'Anno -- Foxboro, MA -- December 20th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15560)

Buried in Smoke 12-21-2010 05:19 AM

Paul Di'Anno -- Foxboro, MA -- December 20th, 2010

First gig on the Winter 2010 USA tour.
Showcase Live, Patriot Place: Foxboro MA

Dorian Gray
Icarus Witch
Paul Di'anno with Icarus Witch (backing band)

Wrathchild
Prowler
Marshall Lockjaw
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Strange World
The Beast Arises
Children of Madness
Genghis Khan
Remember Tomorrow
Faith Healer
A Song For You
Charlotte the Harlot
Killers
Phantom of the Opera
Running Free

Transylvania
Iron Maiden
Sanctuary
Highway to Hell
:party:

Northern_Shaman 12-21-2010 06:09 AM

Whoa, so Icarus Witch are playing as Di'Anno's band and playing their own set? Interesting. Would really like to see those guys live but Paul is just depressing...

Maidenmagic 12-21-2010 06:56 AM

13 Maiden songs. In a recent interview Paul said he wanted to play more of his own stuff. He also bashed Maiden a little bit and said he left because they were getting too "heavy metal" for him. Of course this comes five or six years after he claims Bruce is the best Maiden singer and it was a good thing dropped him on the Early Days DVD. Yes it was a good thing because of all the footage I've seen him with Maiden it's looks like he's about to die on stage. So my point is the only reason anybody wants to see his washed up ass is to hear Maiden songs. He called his band "Killers", he's appeared on many tribute discs (Even making his own.) Yeah, he really wants to get away from the Irons.

Jasonic 12-21-2010 07:46 AM

Interesting.
I thought this tour was supposed to be the first Maiden in its entirety.

Yeah, he had Icarus Witch with them earlier this year too.
I saw the Chicago show.

I was debating going again, but now after seeing the setlist, I think I will pass.

The_jman 12-21-2010 10:26 AM

I don't have a big problem with him covering maiden songs. but it really bothers me that he's covering iron maiden, the song. don't know why that one bothers me, maybe the symbolism of it.

ImmortalEmperor 12-21-2010 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=Jasonic;324681]Interesting.
I thought this tour was supposed to be the first Maiden in its entirety.

Yeah, he had Icarus Witch with them earlier this year too.
I saw the Chicago show.

I was debating going again, but now after seeing the setlist, I think I will pass.[/QUOTE]

He did play the entire first album, just not in order:

Wrathchild
[COLOR="Red"]Prowler[/COLOR]
Marshall Lockjaw
Murders in the Rue Morgue
[COLOR="red"]Strange World[/COLOR]
The Beast Arises
Children of Madness
Genghis Khan
[COLOR="red"]Remember Tomorrow[/COLOR]
Faith Healer
A Song For You
[COLOR="red"]Charlotte the Harlot[/COLOR]
Killers
[COLOR="red"]Phantom of the Opera[/COLOR]
[COLOR="red"]Running Free[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Transylvania[/COLOR]
[COLOR="red"]Iron Maiden[/COLOR]
[COLOR="red"]Sanctuary[/COLOR]
Highway to Hell

Sepultura69 12-21-2010 11:21 AM

Why can't he just play it in one setting? I'd rather see "Iron Maiden" played from start to finish instead of having it shuffled around in the set.

rjturtle9 12-21-2010 12:15 PM

[QUOTE=Sepultura69;324734]Why can't he just play it in one setting? I'd rather see "Iron Maiden" played from start to finish instead of having it shuffled around in the set.[/QUOTE]

This. I would have taken the last tours set over this one.

And Highway to Hell? Really? Does he think he's in that band too?

Jasonic 12-21-2010 12:20 PM

YEah, though I guess when you are advertising playing an album in its entirety, you expect it to be in order.

Let's face it, though he has some ok tunes, no one is going to hear his solo stuff. While I applaud his attempts to try to make it partially on his own, the fact remains that the ONLY reason anyone cares is to possibly hear some old school Maiden live.

Sepultura69 12-21-2010 12:27 PM

[QUOTE=Jasonic;324745]YEah, though I guess when you are advertising playing an album in its entirety, you expect it to be in order.

Let's face it, though he has some ok tunes, no one is going to hear his solo stuff. While I applaud his attempts to try to make it partially on his own, the fact remains that the ONLY reason anyone cares is to possibly hear some old school Maiden live.[/QUOTE]

:fist: EXACTLY! :fist:

Paul is having a show here in two weeks at a venue which is less then 10 minutes away from my house. The only reason I want to go is to hear "Iron Maiden" from start to finish. I could give two shits about his solo stuff(that no one really even cares about)