WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   OFF! -- Hollywood, CA -- December 17th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15542)

elturtleboy 12-18-2010 02:53 PM

OFF! -- Hollywood, CA -- December 17th, 2010

This show was a fucking adventure. Me and my girlfriend had to bus it there white it was raining cats and more cats. We walk for 10 min in this industrial area where all these trucks and factory's are in Downtown LA. We get there and there like 5 people already waiting. We wait and see Keith Morris being the badass he is inside. More punks and those lame indie kids show up. They make us form a line. Then the pigs come round. We waited forever for response from the guy in charge. He tells us that it was moved to a venue in Melrose Street Hollywood. The guy and some other jerk got all pissy because I asked if they would provide transportation. As the popo was kicking us out I meet up with a friend. Soon this punk rocker asked all the kids around him who was taking the bus. As me and others raised our hands the group walked a long time to a train station. After meeting a man who walked like a zombie and a bum who asked if were going to the rave,we finally made the bus after a long hard walk in the rain. My friend who was already in the show texted me that weren't letting people in. I was pissed! We finally got there and it was true. The same spokesman was being a dick telling us to leave the area. I can hear the first band playing,White Shit. They were the only other band I wanted to see. Hardcore with Grungy taste,of coarse since they have members of The Melvins. Think a faster Flipper. We waited 'til we decided to walk around. Then the man yelled at us to go in. We ran like chickens and got in.

Now the review starts. 2nd band Nobunny was finishing up. The singer had bunny ears and they sounded really garage punk. Not really my type of music but they ended it with a Spinal Tap cover of
"Tonight Im Rock You". Meh!

Finally the band I walked,bused,and took 2 trains for was up. I got up the front as my friends started pitting for Suicidal Tendencies on the speakers. Then the place was OFF! They really cracked it up to 11. The whole place went nuts and I fell like twice. People were jumping and shoving. I felt like a lucky youngster in the Decline Of Western Civilization. I wish I could describe more to you but its really something you have to be there to see. I hated Circle Jerks live when I saw them back in May cause Keith wasn't into it and he talked like half the time. I knew OFF! would be different since its brand spankin' new and Keith hasn't played these songs over 1000 times. I strongly suggest you see them live if you have the chance. Listen to the First Four Ep's out now already. After I told Keith how much I enjoyed the show and took a picture with him like I've been wanting since I was 14. He had talked on stage not to bother him since he was sick and stuff but oh well. When I kindly asked he said "GO FOR IT! He's one of the grumpy but really nice guys.
Set Included:(not exact order from my crappy memory)
Black Thoughts
Darkness
I Don't Belong
Poison City
Jeffrey Lee Pierce
Panic Attack
Crawl
Blast
Rat Trap
Fuck People
Broken
Upside Down

While at the other venue I noticed OFF! wasn't headlining which was lame. The Oh Sees were. Keith was a fan of them but I wasn't. Another kindly indie act you hear on car commercials now and days. Not my cup of tea.

This will be my last major show of the year and im glad it went out with a bang. A crazy adventure turned to an amazing show.

christopher 12-18-2010 06:19 PM

Fuck that show! I met up with a friend of mine and we headed out around 8 to the venue. I got a text from another friend saying the venue was moved. I didn't think much of it until I got to where it was moved to. Its bullshit that it went from a large venue that could hold several hundred people to a tiny ass hole in the wall that holds less than 100. I got there and was told it was at capacity and was not allowed in.

elturtleboy 12-18-2010 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=vegantopher;324135]Fuck that show! I met up with a friend of mine and we headed out around 8 to the venue. I got a text from another friend saying the venue was moved. I didn't think much of it until I got to where it was moved to. Its bullshit that it went from a large venue that could hold several hundred people to a tiny ass hole in the wall that holds less than 100. I got there and was told it was at capacity and was not allowed in.[/QUOTE]

i wasnt allowed in either,I missed white shit :(. But my towards the end of Nobunny they told me to go in. OFF! was sick but it was bullshit that they made us go litterly last minute.

IrritatedTrout 12-18-2010 09:45 PM

Sounds shitty. That's one of the perks about arena shows, you know that kind of stuff won't go down.

elturtleboy 12-18-2010 10:13 PM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;324162]Sounds shitty. That's one of the perks about arena shows, you know that kind of stuff won't go down.[/QUOTE]

But the fact that this show was free and you can actually talk to this band personally w/o security or seeing the band miles away on a seat. Everyone was up close to this band and the singer is a punk rock legend. Everybody's ur friend at punk shows.

Sepultura69 12-19-2010 06:36 AM

Dude I hate to sound a little off topic but I just wanted to say that I fucking love that Carls Jr. Avatar you have. That shit is like the greatest thing ever....I can't stop laughing at that....it reminds me of the Venom Logo but instead its the Carls Jr. Star logo :lol:

IrritatedTrout 12-19-2010 08:43 AM

Yeah, I like it too.:lol:

ijwthstd 12-19-2010 10:17 AM

I saw Off! twice this year but don't know the songs. FYF Festival and Amoeba Music. Prior to Amoeba Music I heard some noise coming from Club Lingerie where they were playing later that night so I walked in and caught 4 songs of the soundcheck.

andrew_metalhead 12-19-2010 11:32 AM

I have no fucking idea about this band but I loved Turtle Boy's review :rocker:

elturtleboy 12-19-2010 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=andrew_metalhead;324275]I have no fucking idea about this band but I loved Turtle Boy's review :rocker:[/QUOTE]
Its punk Anububu,but thanks dude!:rocker:

[QUOTE=Sepultura69;324185]Dude I hate to sound a little off topic but I just wanted to say that I fucking love that Carls Jr. Avatar you have. That shit is like the greatest thing ever....I can't stop laughing at that....it reminds me of the Venom Logo but instead its the Carls Jr. Star logo :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah ive had it saved in my comp forever and RJTurtle saw it laughed and it said i should make it my avatar here. I need to get on a shirt.

[QUOTE]I saw Off! twice this year but don't know the songs. FYF Festival and Amoeba Music. Prior to Amoeba Music I heard some noise coming from Club Lingerie where they were playing later that night so I walked in and caught 4 songs of the soundcheck. [/QUOTE]

UGh i found out about that show the day after? They played again that night? Fuuh! So far most of their shows have been free. Theyre one of my new favorite hardcore bands along with Ceremony. They are way better than Circle Jerks live.