WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Album Reviews (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   The Official Metal Setlists 2010 Album Voting Thread (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15365)

mankvill 11-30-2010 11:18 PM

The Official Metal Setlists 2010 Album Voting Thread

That's right, bitches. It's that time of year again! Starting it really early and giving you plenty of time to hammer down your lists to exactly what you want. Copypasta from last year:

1. You can only vote for albums (or EPs or splits) of newly-recorded studio material that was released in the United States in 2010. This should pretty much be a given at this point. [B]edit: :I sigh okay you titty babies, instead of waiting to do them next year, you can do any release that came out this year even if it comes out in the US early next year. [/B]

2. You still need 10 albums to get full credit for your #1. If you vote for 5 albums, your #1 is worth 5.

3. The new multiplier is as follows: if an album receives three or more votes, each voter gives two bonus points to that album. For example, an album given a 3rd, 5th, and 10th by three different voters would earn 8 points for the 3rd, 6 points for the 5th, 1 point for the 10th, and an additional 6 points (2 times 3) for the voter quantity multiplier. Algebra can be fun when metal is involved.

4. Please refrain from posting your top 50 or whatever here, and from posting images of the albums you're voting for. Start your own damn threads for that, it'll just clog the page if you do it here.

5. There is no "metal only" rule, as decided by the Metal Setlists electorate. Diversify if you wish.

6. Have fun and don't be afraid to argue. That's the point of this whole charade.

7. SUPER SPECIAL ADDED JUST FOR 2010 RULE: If you post your list in this thread and want to change it, quote your list and then post the new one beneath it.

[B]NOTE: If you've already started a thread of your own, still cast your vote in here or it won't count. I'm not gonna hunt and peck all over the board for your list. [/B]

Deadline is Jan. 1st!

MPF 11-30-2010 11:32 PM

I'll be coming back to this. A top 20 is easy this year. A top 10...not so much.

Natrlhi 12-01-2010 05:22 AM

You might want to edit the original post to read "2010" instead of "2009" under Rule #1. Doubtless some n00b will see the typo and get confused.

DethMaiden 12-01-2010 05:32 AM

First vote!

1. Ludicra - The Tenant
2. Alcest - Écailles de Lune
3. Atheist - Jupiter
4. Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time
5. Watain - Lawless Darkness
6. Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
7. Man's Gin - Smiling Dogs
8. Slough Feg - The Animal Spirits
9. The Ocean - Heliocentric
10. Landmine Marathon - Sovereign Descent

:party:

Maiden33 12-01-2010 05:43 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;319511]1. You can only vote for albums (or EPs or splits) of newly-recorded studio material that was [B]released in the United States in 2009.[/B] This should pretty much be a given at this point.[/QUOTE]

Even though clearly this was intended as 2010, I still think this is an incredibly dumb rule. Should be according to first release date, regardless of where it is in the world. If something came out this week in Europe but won't until January in the US, it should still count.

Natrlhi 12-01-2010 05:54 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;319538]First vote!

1. Ludicra - The Tenant
2. Alcest - Écailles de Lune
3. Atheist - Jupiter
4. Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time
5. Watain - Lawless Darkness
6. Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
7. Man's Gin - Smiling Dogs
8. Slough Feg - The Animal Spirits
9. The Ocean - Heliocentric
10. Landmine Marathon - Sovereign Descent

:party:[/QUOTE]Congratulations, you over-achieving kiss-ass. :rolleyes:

:finger:

ravenheart 12-01-2010 05:58 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;319542]Even though clearly this was intended as 2010, I still think this is an incredibly dumb rule. Should be according to first release date, regardless of where it is in the world. If something came out this week in Europe but won't until January in the US, it should still count.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%.

Although, manks' rule would allow me to include Heathen's album...

Indestructible 12-01-2010 06:10 AM

1. Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
2. Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
3. Fear Factory - Mechanize
4. Overkill - Ironbound
5. Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time
6. Alter Bridge - AB III
7. Danzig - Deth Red Sabaoth
8. Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast
9. Disturbed - Asylum
10. His Name Was Yesterday - His Name Was Yesterday

Nick_to_the_face 12-01-2010 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=Indestructible;319548]1. Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
2. Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
3. Fear Factory - Mechanize
4. Overkill - Ironbound
5. Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time
6. Alter Bridge - AB III
7. Danzig - Deth Red Sabaoth
8. Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast
[B]9. Disturbed - Asylum[/B]
10. His Name Was Yesterday - His Name Was Yesterday[/QUOTE]

Really? That is their worst album, its like one long, repeating song...

mankvill 12-01-2010 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;319542]Even though clearly this was intended as 2010, I still think this is an incredibly dumb rule. Should be according to first release date, regardless of where it is in the world. If something came out this week in Europe but won't until January in the US, it should still count.[/QUOTE]

This rule let's me have Nokturnal Mortum on my list, so deal with it!