WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Chicago, IL -- November 17th, 1988 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15313)

bennythedog 11-24-2010 12:24 PM

Metallica -- Chicago, IL -- November 17th, 1988

From setlist.fm

This was my first Metallica show. They were on the Damaged Justice tour and performed at the UIC Pavillion. I had all of their stuff by this point. What a great show. Every Meticalla show I've seen since this one just hasn't been as good. Maybe becasue this one was first or maybe becasue it was better. Anyway, thanks to those posting some of the older shows, it brought back a kick-ass memory!!

P.S. I'm certain the Queensryche opened for them. They had just released Mindcrime. I tried finding a setlist for it but could not. I'm pretty sure they did a (small) Mindcrime medly (which they would rehash a few times on later tours). I'm pretty sure QOTR, TLWB, THOTF, and WITS were in there as well.

Anyway. Happy Thanksgiving!! Enjoy!!

John

---------------------------------------------

Blackened
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Leper Messiah
Harvester of Sorrow
Eye of the Beholder
Bass Solo
Master of Puppets
One
Seek & Destroy
...And Justice for All
Creeping Death
Fade to Black
Guitar Solo
Battery
Last Caress
Am I Evil?
Whiplash

Beaner666 11-24-2010 01:18 PM

Queensryche set:

Queen of the Reich
Anarchy-X
Revolution Calling
Operation: Mindcrime
Speak
Spreading the Disease
Take Hold of the Flame
Breaking the Silence
I Don't Believe In Love
Eyes of A Stranger
Anarchy-X (reprise)

I missed the show, but have a audio bootleg of the show on cassette. I wanted to go to this very bad but I was broke when tix went on sale. Ozzy & Anthrax tix had gone on sale the week earlier and I was broke from buying those.

By the time I saved up enough $$$ for the Metallica & Queensryche show it was virtually sold out out. Tickets were still available but only obstructed view were left and none of my friends wanted to deal with that.

I did get to see Metallica later on that tour, but not till they came back in the summertime to Poplar Creek (RIP) with The Cult.

bennythedog 01-21-2011 12:33 PM

I miss Poplar Creek dearly. I saw so many shows there. I wish they'd just build the new one already!!

Travis The Dragon 01-21-2011 05:30 PM

Oh, if only I could have seen them on this super amazing tour!

larvtard 01-21-2011 05:50 PM

[QUOTE=bennythedog;318210]

Blackened
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Leper Messiah
Harvester of Sorrow
Eye of the Beholder
Bass Solo
Master of Puppets
One
Seek & Destroy
...And Justice for All
Creeping Death
Fade to Black
Guitar Solo
Battery
Last Caress
Am I Evil?
Whiplash[/QUOTE]

I generally don't comment on Metallica setlists, but wow, this set is just amazing. Blackened, Battery, ...And Justice For All, Creeping Death, and Welcome Home (Sanitarium). Not to mention Harvester of Sorrow and Leper Messiah. Damn.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 01-21-2011 06:06 PM

I saw this tour in Dallas at Reunion Arena. Early '89 if I'm not mistaken.

I've misplaced all my old ticket stubs or else I'd check.

Also my first time to see Metallica. I saw Queensryche for the first time the previous year opening for AC/DC on the [B]Who Made Who[/B] tour.

El Gordo 01-21-2011 06:17 PM

That set would be made a whole lot better if Bells was replaced with Fight Fire and Fade was replaced with Ride... but hey, can't win 'em all right?