WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Black Label Society -- San Francisco, CA -- November 20th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15290)

TonyD 11-21-2010 06:38 PM

Black Label Society -- San Francisco, CA -- November 20th, 2010

Turns out Dublin Death Patrol was opening this one instead of 2 Cents and they got their set extended by 15 minutes, I didn't know til I saw it on the marquee outside so I totally missed them.
Other than Clutch, sets were the same as usual.

Surprisingly Clutch wasn't as good as when I saw them headlining, but it pleased me to hear some kid in a Nightmare Before Christmas beanie say to his friend in a Bodom shirt decked out in Hot Topic gear, "Clutch was fucking awful." :finger:
[B]Clutch[/B]
The Devil and Me
Struck Down
Slow Hole to China
Pure Rock Fury
Big News I
Profits of Doom
50,000 Unstoppable Watts
Abraham Lincoln
Immortal

I'm not kidding, Alexi peppered "fucking" in between every 2 or 3 words he said. Other than that, they were pretty good.
[B]Children of Bodom[/B]
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me!
Angels Don't Kill
Dicking around with Jump
In Your Face
Blooddrunk
Living Dead Beat
Downfall
Hate Crew Deathroll

I was worried about the new drummer, formerly of Evanessence, but he's actually way better live than Craig was. Same old songs as always but I was happy with the new ones they did.
[B]BLS[/B]
The Beginning... At Last
Crazy Horse
What's in You
The Rose Petalled Garden
Funeral Bell
Overlord
Parade of the Dead
In This River
Fire It Up
Guitar Solo (Spent most of this time humping the air out of the beach ball my friend grabbed. I had to entertain myself somehow.)
Godspeed Hellbound
The Blessed Hellride
Suicide Messiah
Concrete Jungle
Stillborn

All in all, no one was spectacular last night but everyone was good, which made it worth while.

ThrashManiac 11-21-2010 06:48 PM

aaw man that sucks you missed DDP!

TonyD 11-21-2010 06:54 PM

No big deal I saw them in Oakland at a tiny place a couple months ago with High On Fire. They play around here all the time anyway.

ThrashManiac 11-21-2010 06:55 PM

yea i guess thats nice to be in california. i have no chance of seeing them ever pretty much haha

BlackmoreOfBowling 11-21-2010 09:48 PM

Very entertaining review!

[QUOTE=TonyD;317562]No big deal I saw them in Oakland at a tiny place a couple months ago with High On Fire.[/QUOTE]

I do believe that Matt Pike should just be the frontman for both BLS and Bodom (take out those flowery keys as well) ;)

idrinkwine732 11-21-2010 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;317562]No big deal I saw them in Oakland at a tiny place a couple months ago with High On Fire. They play around here all the time anyway.[/QUOTE]

Unbeknownst to both of us at the time, we were chillin right next to each other.

As for this show, I'm really happy I couldn't make this one.

DethMaiden 11-21-2010 09:52 PM

Clutch set was this:

The Devil and Me
Struck Down
Slow Hole to China
Pure Rock Fury
Big News I
Profits of Doom
50,000 Unstoppable Watts
Abraham Lincoln
Immortal

Source: Sassafras Cove BB

Derelict 11-22-2010 05:01 AM

Nice clutch set - theyve had good ones on this tour IMO

TonyD 11-22-2010 03:28 PM

I'd also like to add that this was the 4th time I've seen Bodom, every time was about 45 minutes. I counted and I've heard them do a grand total of about 12 different songs.

Nick_to_the_face 11-22-2010 11:26 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;317742]I'd also like to add that this was the 4th time I've seen Bodom, every time was about 45 minutes. I counted and I've heard them do a grand total of about 12 different songs.[/QUOTE]

Figures :tp:
what the fuck, do we need to go to Europe to see at least 3 different songs??