WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   2010: Agalloch vs. Alcest (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15259)

Div 11-19-2010 05:24 PM

2010: Agalloch vs. Alcest

It's really hard to pick out a better of the two, even though I know I'll have to eventually for my top 10 list...

Not only are they both stylistically similar, but they have such deep levels of emotion and effort behind them that they might as well just be packaged together. I'm not going to put a poll on this because it isn't a contest, but I'd like for anyone who's heard the two albums (or just familiar with both bands in general) to post what you think.

Let's get some good discussion going here about two really great bands!

:bouville:

mankvill 11-19-2010 07:00 PM

I've heard a lot of good stuff about the new Agalloch, and I heard some of it on our local radio metal show last Sunday. Thinking about getting their whole discography. Is it all as good as the newer stuff?

idrinkwine732 11-19-2010 07:19 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;317172]I've heard a lot of good stuff about the new Agalloch, and I heard some of it on our local radio metal show last Sunday. Thinking about getting their whole discography. Is it all as good as the newer stuff?[/QUOTE]

Better.

Also, the answer is Agalloch, but not by too much.

MPF 11-19-2010 08:34 PM

Don't make me choose. I know I have to choose by the end of the year, but still I don't want to have to choose.

Both albums right now are equally awesome.

I know it's too much wishful thinking but a Agalloch/Alcest 2011 NA tour would be fucking badass!

DethMaiden 11-19-2010 11:16 PM

I need to hear the rest of the Agalloch, actually, but based on what I have heard Alcest in a landslide. I like Agalloch, but I don't [I]loooooove[/I] them like everyone else in the world does.

Ludicra's is even better than Alcest's though, hear it. ;)

Fires Of Sedition 11-19-2010 11:39 PM

I've never listened to either band, what are some good tracks to start off on?

NecroRob 11-20-2010 12:46 AM

[QUOTE=idrinkwine732;317177]Better.

Also, the answer is Agalloch, but not by too much.[/QUOTE]

Agree on both fronts.

idrinkwine732 11-20-2010 02:13 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;317227]I need to hear the rest of the Agalloch, actually, but based on what I have heard Alcest in a landslide. I like Agalloch, but I don't [I]loooooove[/I] them like everyone else in the world does.

Ludicra's is even better than Alcest's though, hear it. ;)[/QUOTE]

I can't believe I nearly didn't get into Écailles but you kept ramming it down my throat.

You're a true brosef :bliss:

ShatteredFlame 11-20-2010 06:46 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;317227]
Ludicra's is even better than Alcest's though, hear it. ;)[/QUOTE]
I dunno about this one, the best thing about it is the godly production but when putting that aside its overall a really average record. Their last 2 albums were better.

Wizzbang11 11-20-2010 10:07 AM

Definitely Agalloch.