WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Enslaved -- New York, NY -- November 8th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15148)

BlackmoreOfBowling 11-09-2010 07:41 AM

Enslaved -- New York, NY -- November 8th, 2010

Source: Setlist.fm

Axioma / Ethica Odini
Raidho
Fusion Of Sense And Earth
Ground
The Beacon
Isa

No Allfadr Odinn (:flame:) so I guess they're only getting 35 minutes for the Demon Burger US tour. Likewise, criminally short set for what is the most important band on the tour ([B]*controversies*[/B] but it should be a fact and common sense that hardly any Black Metal album, let alone any Demon Burger album, can compare to [I]Vikingligr Veldi[/I]) and nothing before [I]Isa[/I], but they got mostly good newer Enslaved tunes representing, with a lot of the really good cuts off the pleasantly wonderful new album. Hopefully they can get a headlining run at some point in the near future...

jd091 11-09-2010 10:26 AM

God, they need to headline. I don't want to waste money to see Dimmu, but Enslaved is just getting better and better after every album. Sounds sick :punk:

NecroRob 11-09-2010 11:08 AM

Fuck I really want to see Enslaved, but that set is so short. I'll probably just wait until they come back on a headline tour.

daimonos 11-09-2010 11:46 AM

35 minutes is complete bullshit. Their set should be 45 minutes long, at least. I knew this would happen. I'm glad I ended up with a free ticket because I would have been pissed paying 30 fucking dollars to get into the venue.

I'm just hoping for an American headlining tour from these guys. We need it.

Northern_Shaman 11-09-2010 02:11 PM

Wow, I'm definitely glad I delayed on getting tickets to this. Going to hope/wait for a headlining tour instead. Wish I could see the mighty Enslaved but 1h30 minute drive + 30 dollar ticket for a 30 minute set.. Can't justify it =\. I was pretty interested in seeing Blood Red Throne as well. Next time!

GameFreac 11-09-2010 11:30 PM

I agree I'm not going to this because they need to headline but when I saw them in 2007 there was like 100-130 people in Atlanta so the turnout wasn't great. It makes sense for them to open for Dimmu.

Still, when I saw them in 2007 it was one of the best shows I've ever seen though...in my top 5.

adamclark52 11-10-2010 07:01 AM

[QUOTE=GameFreac;314648]I agree I'm not going to this because they need to headline but when I saw them in 2007 there was like 100-130 people in Atlanta so the turnout wasn't great. It makes sense for them to open for Dimmu.

Still, when I saw them in 2007 it was one of the best shows I've ever seen though...in my top 5.[/QUOTE]

I think opening for bands like Dimmu and Opeth is the only way Enslaved can tour North America and make money because in Toronto in December 2007 there was no one there. As great as they are I don't think they have too many fans this side of the pond.

And seeing them at that show was one of the best I've seen in a while too.

jd091 11-10-2010 10:10 AM

[QUOTE=adamclark52;314681]I think opening for bands like Dimmu and Opeth is the only way Enslaved can tour North America and make money because in Toronto in December 2007 there was no one there. As great as they are I don't think they have too many fans this side of the pond.

And seeing them at that show was one of the best I've seen in a while too.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I think their fanbase has grown considerably since then. Maybe I'm wrong. I remember first getting into them around early 2008 with Vertebrae; theres got to be other people like me out there.

Northern_Shaman 11-10-2010 12:17 PM

I agree with JD. I got into them a little earlier, but not much. A lot of people I know started to really dig them with the release of the last two as well. Understandable if they need to do a few more support gigs before they can realistically headline, but I'll have to wait until it's a headliner I like as well. Would've gone to the Opeth show (and loved it) but it was age-restricted to 19+ :(.

Dissimulate 11-10-2010 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=Careenifier;314481]Wow, I'm definitely glad I delayed on getting tickets to this. Going to hope/wait for a headlining tour instead. Wish I could see the mighty Enslaved but 1h30 minute drive + 30 dollar ticket for a 30 minute set.. Can't justify it =\. I was pretty interested in seeing Blood Red Throne as well. Next time![/QUOTE]
My exact situation, except for the drive. The Dimmu set is [B]almost[/B] enough for me to have a passive interest. Playing five songs from their shitty new album one after the other totally kills it. If they had one or two more of their good songs, or if they still had their two talented members, I would go.