WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   2010-11 NBA Season (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15041)

DethMaiden 10-26-2010 02:44 PM

2010-11 NBA Season

Starts tonight at 7:30. Let's talk.

I've got Heat over Thunder in 6 in the Finals after a struggle between the Lakers and Thunder and a breeze to the top for the Heat. Yeah, I hate it, but I'm a big believer in that team.

Losing some of my home-state pride in the Cavs now that LeBron is gone, so the Spurs are taking back their mantle as my favorite team (not that I would say they ever lost it). Still hoping the Cavs can show some teams up with a weaker roster. I think the Spurs could make an unlikely finals run with Tiago Splitter coming in and George Hill and Dejuan Blair growing up, plus Parker in a contract year, Ginobili coming off of a career season and Duncan playing with some of that near-retirement fire. So excited for the season! :party:

Derelict 10-26-2010 02:52 PM

Didn't get a chance to read/comment on your note on FB yet, but man, Turner looks like a bust

DethMaiden 10-26-2010 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=Derelict;311877]Didn't get a chance to read/comment on your note on FB yet, but man, Turner looks like a bust[/QUOTE]

Coulda told you that at OSU. He's designed for the college game, and in the Association he's gonna get brutalized in the post and injured in the first 15 games.

mankvill 10-26-2010 03:52 PM

I loathe NBA, but I'm watching the Celtics/Heat game right now. Maybe I'll be a casual fan this season.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 10-26-2010 03:55 PM

Go Mavericks!

Natrlhi 10-27-2010 09:11 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;311887]I loathe NBA, but I'm watching the Celtics/Heat game right now. Maybe I'll be a casual fan this season.[/QUOTE]

I never thought in a million fucking years I would be rooting for the Celtics to win a game (or giving a fuck whether they did or not), but last night, there I was.

...and it was sweet. Take that, you egomaniacal backstabber. :bigfinger

I disagree with you, Brad. I really think the cHeat are gonna have some major issues with how to run their offense. Last night, Lebron did what he always did here - he eventually carried the entire game on his shoulders when the rest of the team faltered - and much like it used to happen in Cleveland, it wasn't quite enough. Now I'll admit that the surrounding cast he has now is much better (at least, on paper) than it was for him with the Cavs a few years ago, but in my mind, if the overall machine is having trouble, it doesn't matter if a few parts are running well. The whole thing needs to work. Of course, maybe they'll iron out these issues - who knows. Only time will tell. I honestly think there are going to be ego problems, though - I really do.

Anyway, it was nice to see Lebron have to take one on the chin in his first game with the cHeat.

Oh, and I wouldn't count the Cavs out, either. They're still a very good team. I mean, they did go 6-2 in the preseason, as compared with Miami's 3-4 record. I know the preseason doesn't really count, but still. A 6-2 record is enough to convince me that the Cavs aren't completely broken, and a 3-4 record is enough to convince me that there may be some chemistry problems with Miami. Just sayin'.

The Cavs aren't going to win the Finals this year or anything, but the tought that the team would simply crumble and implode when Lebron left is already proving to be bullshit. I actually think they're gonna give the Celtics a helluva run tonight, and they'll be a real spoiler for the entire season, methinks. They might even make the playoffs.

DethMaiden 10-27-2010 09:19 AM

The Cavs are my 8 seed in the East, actually. Mostly because there's only seven truly good teams in the conference (Miami, Chicago, Boston, Orlando, Milwaukee, New York, Atlanta), but still.

Last night's Heat loss was a lot of fun as much as I hate the Celts, but the Lakers-Rockets game was amazing. Back-and-forth, great offense vs. great defense going both ways, big shot after big shot, high-scoring, two-point game decided on the final shot. Basically, why I love the NBA all wrapped up in one game. Bring on the rest of the season. :rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 10-27-2010 09:24 AM

Glad to see the Heat lose. Hope they lose the next 81 as well.

Natrlhi 10-27-2010 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=Blitzkrieg Witchcraft;311982]Glad to see the Heat lose. Hope they lose the next 81 as well.[/QUOTE]:agree: :D

You're welcome for Cliff Lee, by the way. Fucking stupid Indians front office... :bouville:

Derelict 10-27-2010 09:49 AM

^^^ They can thank the phillies stupid front office too, Nat.

And I don't see 7 good teams in the east, more like 3.