WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   How do you get/stay fit? (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15040)

ChildrenofSodom 10-26-2010 01:35 PM

How do you get/stay fit?

Thank you Pavo for creating this!!!!!

So, we've talked about it before, but lets start up the discussion again: what do you do to stay fit?

I do Insanity and P90x, as many of you know. I also play basketball, jog, and bike on occasion. This winter, I'm taking a Yoga class and possibly joining the Yoga club.

makethemsuffer12 10-26-2010 02:00 PM

Over this past summer I did a lot of running, and lost a good 10-15 pounds in the process. I just started to do P90X, so hopefully that'll lead to some good results.

SomewhereInTime72 10-26-2010 02:09 PM

For me it's: eat good, run regularly (near daily, at least 3 miles), and regular visits to the gym (never followed a real routine just tried to cover the muscles that don't get love in everyday life). Was never really into playing sports, so frisbee is all I ever did aside from that, and using biking or walking instead of vehicles when possible.

Of course, I haven't really followed that outline in a while... which explains why I also haven't bee 155 pounds in a while. :snivel:

Derelict 10-26-2010 02:21 PM

My brother, a former USMC Sniper, moved in with me last November after he got out. We went to the gym daily and did cardio and weights, which inspired me to eat better/cut my alcohol intake. I'm down about 40 lbs, would like to lose another 20 by mid-January.

My other inspiration was looking at my Germany vacation pix from 2009 and being embarassed to show them to people since i was so fat.

DethMaiden 10-26-2010 03:41 PM

Well, right now I'm doing the Insanity workout, and it's tough as balls especially on a tight schedule but I think it's been valuable. When I'm not doing a scripted workout, I like to jog/run, play basketball/football/baseball, and do situps and crunches because the belly is the area of my body I am most terrified of being fat in - even now at a good weight I have some belly, it's just how us Sanders are built, I guess.

And for the record, I weighed 161 this morning, and I was 220 at high school graduation, so I'm happy. :party:

EDIT: I forgot, I LOVE taking long bike rides, but at the end of last summer, I bused a tire and never replaced it, and I don't plan on bringing a bike to England. Not sure when the cycling will start back up... :snivel:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 10-26-2010 10:02 PM

About 6 months ago I stopped drinking sodas. I've dropped about 25-30 lbs without even trying. I don't even miss them.

TonyD 10-26-2010 11:42 PM

Taco Bell diet.

ChildrenofSodom 10-27-2010 05:14 AM

[QUOTE=Blitzkrieg Witchcraft;311926]About 6 months ago I stopped drinking sodas. I've dropped about 25-30 lbs without even trying. I don't even miss them.[/QUOTE]

I did that in March. No more pop or Gatorade, and I try to avoid sugary juices. Mostly water and milk for me (a few beers here and there.) And you're right, I don't really miss it at all.

DethMaiden 10-27-2010 06:28 AM

You lucky fuckers. The Pepsi and Coca Cola companies of America hooked me on their sugary goodness from a young age and I'll never totally stop. :snivel:

ravenheart 10-27-2010 06:44 AM

I don't, in short. I used to do it by playing a lot of basketball, but no longer.

I will be taking up cycling soon, once my bike arrives.

Problem is I hate the repetitive stuff like gyms and running. It's just too boring. Plus gym culture here is very little to do with actually keeping fit. It's just the trendy thing for employed people to spend their money on.

I like sport, but the sports I play no one else does in this country, especially basketball. I can't play football because of old knee injuries, and that's the only thing everyone here plays.

Therefore, B-rad, it's your responsibility to embarass me on the court when you get here and get me fit. Kthanksbye!