WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Black Label Berzerkus -- Pittsburgh, PA -- October 16th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14947)

daimonos 10-16-2010 09:53 PM

Black Label Berzerkus -- Pittsburgh, PA -- October 16th, 2010

Thankfully I showed up after 2cents was done, and was just in time for Clutch. I haven't been listening to them long, but I was probably looking forward to seeing them the most. You guys were definitely all right about their live show, it was very good. I'm not sure what the first song they played was. All the songs were great, and I nearly shit myself whenever I heard the beginning of John Wilkes Booth. I was also pretty suprised that they played two songs off of the self titled, but I was happy about it. I really, really want to see these guys headline.

[B]Clutch:[/B]
Pure Rock Fury
50,000 Unstoppable Watts
Struck Down
Electric Worry
One Eye Dollar
The Mob Goes Wild
Freakonomics
I Have the Body of John Wilkes Booth :rocker:
-Jammin'-
Big News I
Burning Beard

Children of Bodom is one of those bands that I used to absolutely fucking worship that I just don't seem to listen to hardly ever anymore. I was looking forward to seeing them though because I had never seen them. They put on a great show though, and suprised/pleased me by only playing a few new songs. Alexi is a monster of a guitar player, and the whole band seemed like they were having a great time onstage. The highlights for me would probably have been Silent Night, Hate Me!, and Downfall. Oh, and fuck you haters.

[B]Children of Bodom:[/B]
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me!
Living Dead Beat
Angels Don't Kill
Blooddrunk
In Your Face
Downfall
Hate Crew Deathroll

Next of course was Black Label Society. This was my seventh time seeing them. The piano intro from New Religion got me really, really excited to hear them play the whole song, but they didn't. The set was good, although of course it could have used some songs from Stronger than Death, 1919 Eternal, and another one or two from The Blessed Hellride. Seeing What's in You live was cool, that was the only song in the set I hadn't seen them play before. I was really happy they decided to pull Funeral Bell out on this tour, as it's one of my favorite BLS songs and I haven't seen them play it since 2007. The four new songs once again were very good live. Also it seemed like Zakk's voice has been alot better tonight and when I saw them at Ozzfest compared to the other times I had seen them. Maybe it has something to do with him being sober? Anyways, it was once again a solid show from BLS. Oh yeah, and fuck you haters.

[B]Black Label Society:[/B]
Intro (New Religion)
The Beginning...At Last
Crazy Horse
What's In You
The Rose Petalled Garden
Funeral Bell
Overlord
Parade of the Dead
Piano Solo
In This River
Fire it Up
Guitar Solo
Godspeed Hellbound
The Blessed Hellride
Suicide Messiah
Concrete Jungle
Stillborn

It was a little chilly considering that it's the middle of October in Western Pennsylvania and this was at an outdoor venue, but whenever I was up near the stage I didn't feel cold at all. I guess all the body heat was keeping me warm. I bought a Clutch shirt, too. It was an all around great show, and I will be seeing all three bands next time I have the chance.

EDIT: I [I]think[/I] the first Clutch song was Pure Rock Fury.

digitallive 10-16-2010 11:24 PM

first song was definatly pure rock fury

i've some HD video from the show uploading, should be up tomorrow morning

taped all of CLutch and BLS from "in this river" on

Derelict 10-17-2010 05:24 AM

Freakonomics is a nice treat, they don't do that much. Nice review.

The_jman 10-17-2010 07:33 AM

Honestly not real familiar with all three bands but still a good review.

Just curious though, how does bodom fit in here? I mean both cluch and bls have clean vocalists, doesn't bodom's growls kinda stick out like a sore thumb here?

daimonos 10-17-2010 07:53 AM

[QUOTE=The_jman;310445]Honestly not real familiar with all three bands but still a good review.

Just curious though, how does bodom fit in here? I mean both cluch and bls have clean vocalists, doesn't bodom's growls kinda stick out like a sore thumb here?[/QUOTE]

I thought that they fit in pretty well, there seemed to be alot of people there who were into them. They probably got a better reaction than Clutch did, but not BLS of course. It almost seemed like Clutch was the one that stuck out, just because BLS and Bodom are both bands that seem to pull out the people who are casually into/new fans to metal, whereas Clutch doesn't seem to have the popularity of the other two, which is unfortunate. I think I enjoyed them the most out of the three bands.

jhdeity 10-17-2010 08:01 AM

I can honestly saw I like every single Clutch song better than every single BLS and Bodom song. It's almost laughable that the best band is playing 1st out of those 3.

larvtard 10-17-2010 10:03 AM

BLS should play Doomsday Jesus

Derelict 10-17-2010 01:32 PM

The bls fanbase is strange - they stand around in their bls leather jackets all night talking about how awesome zakk wylde is