WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Album Reviews (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   All That Remains-For We Are Many (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14866)

mastodon421 10-09-2010 10:24 AM

All That Remains-For We Are Many

I got to say I really enjoyed this record. It blends the older ATR sound of This Darkened Heart and The Fall Of Ideals with the newer ATR sound of Overcome. Phil Labonte has really expanded his range of vocals and at times his vocals are death metal esque. Bottom Line Worth checking if you are a fan of ATR, if you don't like them it most likely won't change your mind. Imo It is tied with This Darkened Heart as my 2nd favorite ATR record.

Fires Of Sedition 10-09-2010 10:28 AM

I listened to Hold On. I am disappoint.

mastodon421 10-09-2010 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=Fires Of Sedition;309024]I listened to Hold On. I am disappoint.[/QUOTE]

I am not really too big on Hold On either, its the only song I am not too fond of. The rest of it is quite good though.

Fires Of Sedition 10-09-2010 10:40 AM

Ah, that's good. Hold On is lame.

smearCampaign 10-09-2010 11:36 AM

Just listened to about 3/4 of the album on their myspace. Little to no improvement over their last album IMO, hot topic-core all the way. I don't have an issue with clean vocals when they are done well. It's just that it sounds so forced and cheesy on this record. I was rolling my eyes about every 30 seconds. I really like [I]Behind Silence and Solitude[/I] and [I]This Darkened Heart[/I] but beyond that, I'll pass.

Also, Phil's sunglasses in every press photo on their myspace looks pretty goofy. Whata tough guy. :cool:

xStructualDefect 10-09-2010 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=smearCampaign;309033]hot topic-core[/QUOTE]

lol

AnthG 10-10-2010 09:29 PM

Definitely an improvement over Overcome, but still not great. In fact, if this album came right after The fall of Ideals, i probably wouldn't like it that much since it's essentially a lesser carbon copy of that album.

jhdeity 10-10-2010 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=smearCampaign;309033]Just listened to about 3/4 of the album on their myspace. Little to no improvement over their last album IMO, hot topic-core all the way. I don't have an issue with clean vocals when they are done well. It's just that it sounds so forced and cheesy on this record. I was rolling my eyes about every 30 seconds. I really like [I]Behind Silence and Solitude[/I] and [I]This Darkened Heart[/I] but beyond that, I'll pass.

Also, Phil's sunglasses in every press photo on their myspace looks pretty goofy. Whata tough guy. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Not hateful but hot topic-core describes it perfectly.

MPF 10-10-2010 10:53 PM

Yes, outside of the intro track *which actually is pretty Brutal* All the My Chemical Romance/HIM/Fake Dimmu Borgir fans haning out at the Attitude Bunny T-Shirt Section of Hot Topic will go fucking bonkerz for this album.

300%_Density 10-11-2010 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=MPF;309350]Yes, outside of the intro track *which actually is pretty Brutal* All the My Chemical Romance/HIM/Fake Dimmu Borgir fans haning out at the Attitude Bunny T-Shirt Section of Hot Topic will go fucking bonkerz for this album.[/QUOTE]

Yes. No other words. Yes.