WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Misery Index -- Seattle, WA -- October 3rd, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14817)

NecroRob 10-03-2010 11:21 PM

Misery Index -- Seattle, WA -- October 3rd, 2010

Let me just start out by saying that Revocation and Misery Index were worth the price of admission.

I tried to time my arrival so I would miss the 3 local openers but I was only able to avoid the first band, Triosis. I had to suffer through Triosis a few months ago at a Goatwhore show and believe me once was enough. I won't talk about the other openers because they were pretty boring and I doubt anyone on here would care about them, although the scene kids seemed to enjoy them.

Once the openers were done I quickly moved up front for Revocation who I have been dying to see for quite some time. Don't know really what to say except that they tore shit up. Plain and simple. Their set was...

Unattained
Pestilence Reigns
Age of Iniquity
Dismantle the Dictator :rocker:
ReAnimaniac
Exhumed Identity :rocker:

Next up was the other band I came to see, Misery Index. These guys put out one of my favorite albums this year with the unrelenting [I]Heirs to Thievery[/I]. Just like Revocation they didn't disappoint, putting on an incredibly tight performance. Their set was...

Traitors
The Carrion Call :rocker::rocker:
Manufacturing Greed
Conquistadors
The Spectator :rocker:
Heirs to Thievery
We Never Come in Peace :rocker:
Theocracy

The place was pretty much dead during both Revocation and Misery Index, with lots of kids looking really confused as to how to react to the music. Before Misery Index played "Manufacturing Greed" they asked the crowd "who wants us to go faster?" and I think I was one of about 5 people that yelled out for it.

Stayed for about half of Despised Icon's set and they were alright. However, the plethora of kids hardcore dancing kind of ruined the feel for me. Highlight from their set was when David from Revocation came out towards the end of "Retina" and sang the last few lines as well as helping play some guitar.

mankvill 10-03-2010 11:26 PM

Misery Index and Revocation opening for Despised Icon is like Cattle Decapitation and Hate Eternal opening for Job For A Cowboy.

OH WAIT THAT'S ALREADY HAPPENED :bouville:

mankvill 10-04-2010 12:24 AM

Also: I had a random thought tonight. I remember when I saw Megadeth that when Dave Mustaine came out on stage, people went wild because he's a metal icon. I honestly think that Jason should be considered a metal icon as well.

Like:

First tier:

Dave Mustaine

Second tier:

Erik Rutan

Third tier:

Jason Netherton

i dunno lol

larvtard 10-05-2010 12:31 PM

Haha, I think I just realized why Revocation played "Unattained," with its pig squealing. It's for the Despised Icon crowd.

treghet 10-05-2010 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=loganarchy;308341]Haha, I think I just realized why Revocation played "Unattained," with its pig squealing. It's for the Despised Icon crowd.[/QUOTE]

No, that's the same set they've been playing on all their tours this year.

larvtard 10-05-2010 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=treghet;308368]No, that's the same set they've been playing on all their tours this year.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind then.

treghet 10-05-2010 02:36 PM

I wish they would put Leviathan Awaits in the set. I think it's their best song.

NecroRob 10-05-2010 04:43 PM

I would have really like to hear "Fields of Perdition" or "Suffer These Wounds" personally.

larvtard 10-06-2010 07:04 AM

[QUOTE=treghet;308379]I wish they would put Leviathan Awaits in the set. I think it's their best song.[/QUOTE]

THIS. And Anthem of the Betrayed.

treghet 10-06-2010 07:13 AM

[QUOTE=loganarchy;308504]THIS. And Anthem of the Betrayed.[/QUOTE]

Anthem of the Betrayed was their encore when I saw them. :D