WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   BlackDiamondSkye -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 18th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14662)

AnthG 09-19-2010 10:06 AM

BlackDiamondSkye -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 18th, 2010

[B]Alice in Chains[/B]

Them Bones
Dam that River
Rain When I Die
Again
Check my Brain
Your Decision
No Excuses
Grind
Last of My Kind
We Die Young
Lesson Learned
It Ain't like That
Rooster

Nutshell
Man in the box
Would?

[B]Deftones[/B]

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Around the Fur
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer
Prince
You've Seen the Butcher
Sex Tape
Risk
Change (In the House of Flies)
Nosebleed
Engine Number 9
7 Words

Didn't get Mastodon's set as i'm not that familiar with their stuff. They did not play March of the Fire Ants though, which was dissapointing, but they still were pretty good. Alice in Chains were Awesome, Deftones were Awesomer.

The_jman 09-19-2010 10:43 AM

I like how Aic is changing up the set, kind of neat.

gmatts 09-19-2010 01:05 PM

AIC changing their set around is pretty great - I'd love some Jar of Flies tracks when they come to Camden next Saturday.

mankvill 09-19-2010 01:45 PM

If the tour here didn't start so fucking late, I'd go see Mastodon and then come back to Lawrence for the Scion Garage Fest.

InFlamesOfBirchmen 09-19-2010 04:37 PM

Nobody seems excited about Mastodon at all. Personally, they're the main reason I'm going. With that said, I'm really looking forward to seeing AIC for the first time, and I'm liking the changing set. Hopefully they'll add Angry Chair.

PlaysWithKnives 09-19-2010 09:08 PM

I like that AIC is changing it up too. They have a lot of good songs to pick from. Some of my personal faves haven't even been in there. I know I said it before, but too bad this tour isn't coming around Buffalo. They would get a great crowd believe or not, around here. Plus id like to see Mastodon since I've haven't seen then before. I know the deftones are getting good reviews, but they stunk the time I saw them. Could have been an off night.

300%_Density 09-19-2010 09:43 PM

Any other time thats great they are doing Nutshell but when I know they've already done Rotten Apple anything short of that will be disapointing to me. Nutshell would be the only other acceptable song but god I can only wish. Loving Rain When I Die still staying in there as well.

AnthG 09-20-2010 04:56 AM

[QUOTE=PlaysWithKnives;304916] I know the deftones are getting good reviews, but they stunk the time I saw them. Could have been an off night.[/QUOTE]

I thought the Deftones were the best band of the night, but i've spoken with people who have seen them multiple times over the years, and apparently they are incredibly hit or miss. When they're on they are one of the best live bands apparently, while other times they're just really off. Usually the biggest "hit or miss" factors with them live are their sound/mix and Chino's voice, although he sounded great 2 nights ago.

The_jman 09-20-2010 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=InFlamesOfBirchmen;304858]Nobody seems excited about Mastodon at all. Personally, they're the main reason I'm going. With that said, I'm really looking forward to seeing AIC for the first time, and I'm liking the changing set. Hopefully they'll add Angry Chair.[/QUOTE]
It was in one of the shows already, so it might come back.

300%_Density 09-20-2010 02:52 PM

[QUOTE=AnthG;304937]I thought the Deftones were the best band of the night, but i've spoken with people who have seen them multiple times over the years, and apparently they are incredibly hit or miss. When they're on they are one of the best live bands apparently, while other times they're just really off. Usually the biggest "hit or miss" factors with them live are their sound/mix and Chino's voice, although he sounded great 2 nights ago.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I can think of another band that is hit or miss as much as Deftones. Last few times they were on but I have heard several horror stories of when they were miss. I think alot of that had to do w/ how high/strung out/hungover/other Chino was at the time but I've yet to really hear a bad review yet on them in awhile.